Page 3 of 802 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mini-Milestone Thread

Length
    Clsc/61/More!
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: The Mini-Milestone Thread

This is a weird one, but I'm growing my hair back from a trim and it's finally longer than the hem of one of my dresses! Those are really the only milestones between butt and knee-- watching my hair getting longer than my skirts.

"I met a lady in the meads / full beautiful, a faery's child / her hair was long, her foot was light / And her eyes were wild."
    61" (Mid-calf) | 1c/2a | F | iii

Length
    pixie/NL/Hip
    Type
    3c/4a/F/M/ii/iii

My mini milestone is that for the first time, today I was able to french braid my hair and I actually had a hanging braid of about 3 inches. That is great considering I am just able to make a sock bun where my hair completely covers the "sock"!

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by FrannyG View Post
    I thought I'd start this thread so that we can share the little mini-milestones that are too minor for a full thread on their own, but make us go . I did a search, but couldn't find a thread like this.

I reached a mini-milestone a few days ago. I can now reach behind my back with my hand and grab the ends of my hair again. Just two weeks ago, I couldn't do it without leaning my head back a bit, or contorting.

Love these mini-milestones! That's what keeps me loving the journey all over again!!!
    Is it weird that I can do this without leaning my head back, and it's not even chin length yet? I feel like a pretzel...

But I did have a mini-milestone too recently ... full ear coverage!

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I had two mini-milestones this past week... My buns are not losing pieces of my layers and are actually staying bunned for my whole shift at work
    AND..... (drumroll please)...... I have had at least 7 people tell me "Wow, your hair is getting REALLY long" this week
    (that one was my favorite!!!)
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    12 in/Waist/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

I think the biggest milestone for me is actually "feeling" the weight of my hair on my back, something I haven't felt for ever!

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Well, I'm officially BSL after a long, long, loooong time meandering past APL territory. Of course, my hair only brushes it when wet or pulled taut, but it counts! I've been loving the whole reach-behind-the-back thing lately because not only can I brush the ends, but I can actually grab the hair now. I'll be REALLY pleased when I can feel my braid dangling down far enough to grab!
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    Pixie/BSL/CL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I have another mini-milestone! I finally have enough length with all my pixie layers to do a double french braid. I might be able to manage a single, but I'm not sure.

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

This is a great thread.

My mini milestone is that I am finally back in a large Ficcare. And I am starting to use sticks, again.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

Length
    Buzz/Ear/BSL
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Yay! This thread has come at a good time for me as I am getting discouraged (and people keep telling me they miss my mohawk, which is not helping) because my growth seems to have slowed phenomenally.

Anyway, my mini-milestone: when I put on shirts now, I have to pull my hair out from under the collar. I have never, ever, had to do this before!

Starting again...
    Ear- Chin - Shoulder - APL - ​BSL

Extraordinary Wordsmith WaitingSoLong's Avatar
    Length
    MTL/BSL/none
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

What an awesome thread!

Like some mentioned, I love being able to casually reach behind my back and play with the ends of my hair hanging down.

I have had several long-time favorite hair milestones as I cut and recut over the years. One was always being able to put any strand of hair I wanted into my mouth. Once I got past that, It was being able to keep it tucked inside my shirt (and it stay there, or flipping it over my shoulders (to front) and it stay there. Then brading it and being able to flip it in front and it stay there.

Now that I am past waist...

One I reached recently is that, while I am driving, I am sitting up (duh, right?) and whoever is next to me inevitably rests their elbow on my hair which ends up on the arm rest between seats. So I cannot move my head and have to say...hey...can you get your elbow off my hair? It must be a magic length, because it never happened before recently and now it happens everytime I wear my hair down in the car.

The other I am just BARELY able to do is, when I am undressed and ny hair is down, my hair usually hangs down but I cannot feel it on my back because the ends are below waist but in the hollow area that curves inward (the curve of my spine). I have been waiting for it to be long enough (dry and not pulled tight) to finally touch that area BELOW the curve of my spine just above my butt! Yay!

And, I tied my hair into my robe belt the other day on accident.

But my favorite MMS (mini-mile stone) is that,when wet or pulled straight, it is hip length!

My next MMSs will be: being able to tuck it in my pants (could probably do this now if it wasn't for low-rise jeans), and a solid 35" which will offically be the longest my hair has ever been in my life.

~WSL~My YouTube tutorials with Classic+ Hair
    FTL in 2013. Back to waist/virgin 2014. Virgin thigh 2018. Cut back to waist July 2018