Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Good quality BAQ henna to buy-online for Europe? henna-boy?

Question Good quality BAQ henna to buy-online for Europe? henna-boy?

hi everybody, I'm new in this forum.
    I want to buy GOOD quality (Body Art Quality) henna plus indigo, amla and buxus from an on-line store in Europe. I wanted to buy from Mehandi.com (based in the US, Ohio), I know they have very good quality but, since I live in Europe and not in the US, shipping costs A LOT. I found henna-boy (UK) but after all my researches, at the end I haven't understood: do they sell good-good quality or not??? Has anybody tried it and compared it with other (proven) good BAQ hennas such as the one from mehandi? Your help would be precious for me...

Length
    30/39/40
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Good quality BAQ henna to buy-online for Europe? henna-boy?

I heard good things about the quality of henna-boys products but never tried myself.
    In France I used to order my henna from here : http://www.henneindigoetcompagnie.fr...d=48&Itemid=61
    I also ordered here (germany), very good quality too : http://www.henna-und-mehr.de/franz/boutiq.html.

Length
    14/26/34
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hi MAR,

Yes henna boy sells good quality BAQ henna, just the same stuff you'd get from Mehandi. I've been using their henna (Jamilla mainly, but also Moroccan and Sojat) for several years. I've also bought buxus, amla and indigo from them.

Hope this helps.

Length
    Crop/Chin/TBL
    Type
    1a/F/M/i

Hi I'm new here as well. However, after reading all the really good advice on this forum I purchased from Hennaboy (Jamila 2011 crop) and did my very first henna last night. I can't compare it to other products/shops but I found it to be really nice quality. The Jamila was very fine and fluffy (super sifted) and mixed up very smoothly with the camomile tea I used to dye release. I live in the UK and from order to arrival it was only a few days.

I've never applied henna before so I don't have any experience with what it was supposed to look/feel like, but it turned out really nice and I thought the product was very nice quality. It arrived in a foiled sealed pouch that is then boxed. The foil pouch is also printed with the crop year.

Length
    22.5/32/inf.
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Henna Boy is good quality, only problem i ever had was when i paid for next day shipping and it took a week... so dont bother with that, otherwise they're really good.

THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH!
    It's been really a lot since I'm searching! thank you also Alienor for the two links (Germany and France). The one in France seems that doesn't work. I e-mailed them and my e-mail came back...
    thank you again all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    I heard good things about the quality of henna-boys products but never tried myself.
    In France I used to order my henna from here : http://www.henneindigoetcompagnie.fr...d=48&Itemid=61
    I also ordered here (germany), very good quality too : http://www.henna-und-mehr.de/franz/boutiq.html.
    Hi Alienor,
    I had a look at the german site you sent me...It costs much less than henna boy, and it seems good.
    The only thing I don't get is that it says not to dye-release the henna some hours before putting it to your head (as we should do with all the other hennas a part form the compound ones). It actually says to mix it instantly with water and

Quote Originally Posted by Alienor View Post
    Hi Alienor,
    I had a look at the german site you sent me...It costs much less than henna boy, and it seems good.
    The only thing I don't get is that it says NOT to dye-release the henna some hours before putting it to your head (as we should do with all the other body-art-quality-hennas a part from the compound ones). It actually says to mix it instantly with water and to NOT use acidic juice for mixing the paste because it would stop the fermentation. I'm confused... How did you use it???

Type
    1b/F/ii

I don't know if their product is pure henna, but if so ... extra acidity slows the dye release of henna and allows the dye to stay active and available for binding with hair for a longer period of time. Henna/water mixes are always ready faster (and demise faster) than more acidic mixes.
    My plant dye strand tests - Henna, cassia, indigo, buxus on mohair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3933575...7619485710101/

Quote Originally Posted by caribou55313 View Post
    I don't know if their product is pure henna, but if so ... extra acidity slows the dye release of henna and allows the dye to stay active and available for binding with hair for a longer period of time. Henna/water mixes are always ready faster (and demise faster) than more acidic mixes.
    hi caribou55313, thank you for your reply. So, if I understand well, you are saying that if this is a GOOD quality henna, I should do as I knew so far (let dye release overnight with acidic juice). So probably this is not a good Body Art Quality henna if they consult me to NOT dye release it and NOT use lemon? So far I have also used compound henna (tested by me as hennaforhair says to do with the hair from my brush) and I was doing the mix instantly with strong black tea, but I want to start to use BAQ henna and mix it by my own with amla and then indigo...I've read a lot and so fare I knew that it should be dye released with an acid and then (the other day) mix the indigo+water in the henna/amla dye released paste. It is soooo confusing that each site says different things! Henna boy seems quite expensive too..