Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to use Aloe?

Length
    pixie/23"/BSL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default How to use Aloe?

I read the post below about using fresh aloe. I was wondering how you use it. Do you use it as a leave in? Do you use it as a deep condtioner, I think I read somewhere that you could use it in a mister bottle? Thanks!

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I use Aloe in place of jell and hair spray for keeping the flyaways down on my part. I find it works best if I put it on damp hair.

I also use it when I make braided updos to keep fly aways in on my braids! Plus, it's helps in the shine department!

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Agressively friendly. MadPirateBippy's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Be careful with Aloe. When I had dreadlocks, all the dreadlock tightening things had aloe in it- for a lot of people it can lead to hideous tangles.

When I'm not locking my hair, I don't use aloe because of that, although I put it on a scrubby face cloth and use it to wash my face every day.

Length
    15"?/32.5"/tb
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

I use it the same way Stagecoach does -- as gel/hairspray, and mostly on damp hair. I also smooth some over braids if I want them to stay looking tidy longer.

It's also used in a number of heavy conditioning sort of recipes, like SMTs.

Length
    hip/31"/more!
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I use it as leave in, but I also heard some people mix it with condishener. I use fresh aloe.

I decided to try this for the first time tonight, I used a tiny drop of aloe and mixed with some grapeseed oil and applied to hair as a leave-in. Hair is not dry yet, but it is feeling very soft, I suspect it may be weighed down though, but I probably used too much.

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Does it help with frizz? If so, does anyone know if it works even in high humidity? My hair has been frizzing up a lot lately when it rains.

Length
    Chin/TBL/???
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    Does it help with frizz? If so, does anyone know if it works even in high humidity? My hair has been frizzing up a lot lately when it rains.
    Humm, if your hair is loose, I'd suspect not. But if it's in an updo, smooth it over the finished style and it should help quite a bit!

Lady Sunrise of the Prairie

Default Re: How to use Aloe?

I only use it for my facial routines. Once, I did use a recipe I found on here and my hair came out super silky.

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default Re: How to use Aloe?

I prefer it on face and scalp due to its anti-inflammatory and moisturizing/humectant action.
    On hair, I find it kind of unnecessary, but it's good in things like SMT, HALO rinses, gel, setting spritz.