Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viviscal for growth?

Length
    APL/NA/NA
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Default Viviscal for growth?

So, I picked up the new Glamour Magazine and they had an article about how long hair is "the new big trend." Well, this stylist that was being interviewed for the article recommended this tablet. Apparently its all natural and really jump starts your growth. I went to the site and the stuff is not cheap. They have a scalp serum, shampoo and conditioner as well. They also had a really great article from Vogue 2005 that shed a very flattering light on longhairs in general www.viviforyou.com . I didn't agree with all of it but the gist was nice. I'm not sure if posting a link is okay so, if its not, my feelings won't be hurt mods if you have to remove it . Also, if anyone has tried this or knows anything about it, I'd be very interested to hear!
    "Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Plant Lavender, for luck. And fall in love whenever you can."
    -Alice Hoffman "Practical Magic"

Length
    nape/waist/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Sounds interesting, but wow are the tablets expensive! And they don't tell you how many you get in a box. Humph.

Length
    APL/NA/NA
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Yeah I know! It's decieving really. And looking at the ingredients, it doesn't look like there's much difference between that and what I already take. But, that's why I thought to see if anyone knew anymore about it.
    "Keep rosemary by your garden gate. Plant Lavender, for luck. And fall in love whenever you can."
    -Alice Hoffman "Practical Magic"

UrbanEast

I don't know about Viviscal, but I'm wondering why biotin isn't more popular here? I've never tried it, but people seem to agree that it really does increase the growth rate--though it can make some people break out. I think it's pretty cheap too.

Seems very expensive and the vitamins it contains seem very similar to any other hair vitamin which are a lot cheaper.

Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I started using the vitamin provided by Woman To Woman last January and my hair has grown many inches. The vitamins come in packets, multivitamins, calc/magnesium, and fish oil capsule. Two packets a day, when I remember. In jan 2007 I had it cut up to my ears in a layered cut, now it's past my shoulders. For me that really amazing growth, since my hair has grown so slowly before. Before the cut it took almost 6 years for me to get it to BSL.

Due to LHC I'm taking much better care of my hair and it's feeling just lovely now. I'm hoping in a few more years I'll be back to BSL and I'll be able to do big buns again.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

And hey it only takes 4-6 months to work. yeah, by then you wasted 299$ with no results. Who do they think they are trying to fool?
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP

Length
    Chin/APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/i/ii

This Viviscal hair tablet was a trend about 8 or so years ago too. I guess it's back again! I never tried it due to it's expensive price. I think I'll look into what Mearwynna is taking...

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

i think you would be better saving your money and getting a multi vitamin and some good old fashioned biotin! lots of water and exercise will do just as much good and leave you money to spare for all those hair toys your long hair will need!!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

What jojo said. I subscribe to Allure and Glamour, and I like them, but the thing to remember is that you are essentially paying to be advertised to

Besides, did you look at the picture of the stylist's hair who recommended those vitamins? I wasn't impressed.