Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hair type change - pic heavy

Default Re: hair type change - pic heavy

I really don't know then, sorry

Hope someone can help you out and find your curls again

ps. My mom was very strait after giving birth, but she got back to her very curly self with time... if that's an encouragement (:

Length
    3"/APL/Butt
    Type
    3a/3b/F/i

oh its ok, I've been trying to embrace my new wavy hair lately and try to deal with it though no one seems to like it, looks like I have no choice. :P
    does anyone have any wavy hair tips?, like what to do, what not to do, I know all about curly hair, comb with a wide tooth comb, dont pile your hair ontop of your head after you get out of the shower, use a leave-in conditioner, its seems like now all those rules don't apply...
    The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I think you're a curly, not a wavy, and that your curl pattern is pretty tight. I'd say 3b or c.

From the sight of it now, I'm guessing your hair could do with some much needed TLC; it kind of looks like it could use more moisture. Maybe try DTs or SMT.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Type
    2b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by talecon View Post
    oh its ok, I've been trying to embrace my new wavy hair lately and try to deal with it though no one seems to like it, looks like I have no choice. :P
    does anyone have any wavy hair tips?, like what to do, what not to do, I know all about curly hair, comb with a wide tooth comb, dont pile your hair ontop of your head after you get out of the shower, use a leave-in conditioner, its seems like now all those rules don't apply...
    The CG suggestions for wavy hair are pretty much exactly the same as for curly--except occasionally low 'poo-ing. You might consider using some aloe gel to hold the curl, too, if you're not already.

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Have you tried a different oil? Maybe as your hair texture has changed a little so has how it responds to coconut oil. Maybe a clarifying to start over and experiment with a lighter oil followed by some aloe gel?

I have no where near curly hair and my waves are ocean wave size instead of like nice ripples so my advice might be moot, but coconut does make my hair less wavy where jojoba seems to encourage a bit more wave.

Some curlies also get stretched into wavies as their hair grows longer and the weight becomes heavier.

≈ωаѵєs оŋ τнє оcєаŋ≈ xoxophelia's Avatar
    Length
    26"/35"/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

In your last picture I think you texture looks pretty consistent. In the earlier (red) ones, it looks less so as if you had your hair up? Did you?

Pretty much what other people have said though.. don't touch your hair while it is wet. You could try plopping as well. I haven't myself but I hear it help define curls or waves a lot.

~~embracing nature's waves~~
    instagram: monophonatic

Persistent Procrastinator teela1978's Avatar
    Length
    19/34/36
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

You've dyed your hair quite a bit right (it looks like from very dark brown/black to bleached purple)? I would guess that the bleach damage has caused a change in the curl more than any hormones. There is an article on treating damaged hair, I'd probably start there.