Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Black hair to blond hair

Length
    5"/31"/40"
    Type
    1a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Black hair to blond hair

i think we were all that person who fried their hair thinking it wouldnt change its overall health its becoming a really sickening thing when you think about it........high school girls i know only think their hair looks "pretty" when its been fried with chemicals and cooked with a straightener!!! WHY!?!??!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    18/20/WL
    Type
    1c/F/ii

The one real reason this type of thing never really bothers me is that I just assume that most people don't have my particular hair goals. I don't know...I listen to other people occasionally talk about their hair, and I just nod and get into it and even understand most of it and can give advice because I've done it all too.

One of my friends colors her hair routinely. She colors it red. I've told her I use henna and indigo and she has been interested for my sake, just as I'm interested in her chemically colored hair for her sake...so I wouldn't even think to suggest henna to her. She's asked my advice about shades, etc...I just talk to her like a non-LHC person would talk. I guess I don't really think about it, or I didn't until this thread.

Length
    CHIN/BSL/LONG!

I've done that been from natural black to white very white. I knew it was going to damage my hair hairdressers didn't want to do it even when I said I dont care if you stuff it up I'll just shave my head no worries, but they didn't want to touch it so I did it my self, about 3 bleaches then one box of nordic blonde then a box of perfect blonde, heaps of toner and then voila! Really white hair but it was dry and very brittle it didn't look damaged which people were really amazed about but when they felt it they cringed lol When you lighten your hair so drastically you should know it going to be damaging, when I speak to people like that i just tell them what I learnt I knew it was going to be damaging.
    I was just so sick of having boring short hair couldnt do anything with it but colour it I did it because I expected a lot of damage just wanted to see what I would look like with really white blonde hair then I coloured back with henna and indigo and cut off all the remaining damage cos I knew there was going to be a lot! was just a bit of fun before I started my serious growing again.
    Those people are usually very stubborn so I don't reason with them let them damage there hair they'll learn

Length
    Chin/40"/43
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

This reminds me of my brother's ex GF last year. She was admiring my hair and then said, "mine is so damaged! Fortunately I just got a set of blowdryer and curling iron to take better care of it, and I'm also going to start washing it every day".

Sometimes the person opposite you is so utterly convinced of what he/she is saying that it's no use even arguing. Nothing you'll say is likely to change his/her mind, and all you'll ever achieve is cause a useless argument.

Length
    Hip/Class/Uh...
    Type
    2b/C/ii

I dyed my hair about 2 1/2 years ago, twice, but it was from dark brown to...well...black, but it was a fairly natural looking black. I ran the color through, the second time, instead of just doing my roots...I had no idea what I was doing!

I also flat ironed my hair after most washes. Thankfully, I was only washing my hair every three days, instead of every day.

I was using a heat protecting serum at the time, too, and even after cleaning them off, I didn't get overly visible splits (I did get some)...but I did get some breakage! I've since come to learn that my hair can take the pain pretty well! Now, not only is it quite strong, but my breakage is non-existent.

Through all this abuse, though, I knew that I was doing damage to my hair (it was between waist and hip) - I had no illusions about it. I do believe that there are some (lucky) people out there whose hair can take abuse much better than others...but I've never actually met anyone who didn't know that some damage was unavoidable for bleaching/dying/flat-iron/etc!