Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: is having a hair toy that helps you do all sorts of gorgeous buns cheating?

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default is having a hair toy that helps you do all sorts of gorgeous buns cheating?

Lol I'm wondering about that because you guys know how to do gorgeous buns with your own hands and knowledge and my next hair toy will help me do all that much easier. I never was very good at updos. Will I still be one of you? Lol but I am excited about it and future hair growth.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    <2"/~clsc/uhh..
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Default Re: is having a hair toy that helps you do l sorts of gorgeous buns cheating?

Buns are buns. They are the end. The means to that end is up to you! If you have trouble doing it manually yet can find an easier way with a tool then go for it! Case in point whenever I've worn a Victorian I use my Topsy Tail. It makes flipping the ponytail tons easier.

Herbivore
    Length
    58cm/103cm/tb
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Default Re: is having a hair toy that helps you do l sorts of gorgeous buns cheating?

I don't think there is such a thing that makes updos for you unfortunately. A ficcare holds huge amounts of hair and so does a flexi 8 (depending on size)
    I have also heard of a hairigami that you could twist in some different ways to make it hold the hair.
    Also, keep in mind that your hair is relatively short (if that's still your length in your signature picture) so at this length a bun might be hard to do. But I think you could manage a peacock twist though.
    http://www.frannyslonghairstyles.com/updos.htm
    I'm quite sure Franny is a member of this site and you could probably manage several of her updos, good luck!

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by juliaxena View Post
    Lol I'm wondering about that because you guys know how to do gorgeous buns with your own hands and knowledge and my next hair toy will help me do all that much easier. I never was very good at updos. Will I still be one of you? Lol but I am excited about it and future hair growth.
    If you have found a toy that does this, can you share what it is??? I am also VERY updo challenged...... I would get one!
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

It is a hairagami actually. I know I will have to wait for my hair to grow a bit but it will happen. My friend has it. It shocked me how well she can do those updos now.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Hairagamis are very nice! I was sad when my hair outgrew mine.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Cheating? On what or whom? I know not what you mean.

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's no more cheating than using a hairstick to hold a bun together, in my opinion.

Plainjanegirl, at what length did you outgrow yours? I don't quite understand how they work to know what length they work until!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Nope. It's not cheating.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Isilme View Post
    http://www.frannyslonghairstyles.com/updos.htm
    I'm quite sure Franny is a member of this site and you could probably manage several of her updos, good luck!
    She is- FrannyG is her username.
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.