Quote Originally Posted by melikai View Post
The only problem I had when my scalp was too...sebumless , was that my scalp would get itchy, I'm assuming because it was too "dry" in a sense. If you don't get that itchyness, then it's probably fine.
it's not itchy, i'm glad I think itch is an outcome of some kind of "allergy" or irritation. I had itchy head back when my hair was greasy and i thought it was because of greasiness :/ go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by coscass View Post
I've noticed this too, recently! My scalp like, produces NO oil. When I massage it, I can just hear my roots moving around. I don't see any oil on my fingertips or anything. It's as if it just doesn't exist anymore.
wow, i found someone with dry head!

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
My scalp is really dry too and hardly produces any oil.
Did you ever try Aubrey Organics White Camellia conditioner? I love it so much ... it's the only conditioner I've found that actually leaves some oil in my hair when I rinse it (and my hair really wants that oil so this is a good thing). I also use it as a leave-in conditioner when my hair looks dry. It is so useful. Without it my hair would be a dry frizzy puffball.
I'm afraid we don't have brands like suave and aubrey organics in stored here (also coconut oil, can't find it anywhere!) besides, i can always put some oil on my scalp and length, no need to wash it less

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Antibiotics for flu don't make sense. Antibiotics kill bacteria, including good ones in the gut. A flu is a viral infection.
Well, everytime we go to the doctor's for flu they always prescribe us some kind of antibiotics. They say it prevents infection in lungs

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Could you explain this?

I agree about sufficient fat. Not just omega-3, but also olive, coconut, and others. My main source of fat is avocados, but I include others in small amounts.
I consume good amounts of olive oil every day. Besides, my diet hasn't changed since my greasy times, so i assume it's not diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellalalala View Post
Hmm...

It makes sense within normal ranges of oil, but sebum is a weird excretion in that whole cells die off and get excreted along with the oils they held while alive, instead of just secreting oil. So, as the cells die off and get replaced, they *need* to be excreted as sebum.

This is why stripping oils makes the scalp over produce it, the rate of cell death and replacement amps up, almost like inflammation.

In the case of a majorly under-secreting scalp, adding oil is unlikely to reduce that secretion more.

OP: what is your haircare routine?
wow, i didn't know that! What happens in case of dry dandruff then?

I'm in a trial and error phase in my routine now. Currently, i'm massaging my scalp and brushing every day, deep treatment the day before wash and then washing with a cone-free conditioner. I've only done this once though, maybe dryness can be caused by not having a constant routine?

Quote Originally Posted by danacc View Post
Oily dandruff and dry dandruff are usually 2 very different things. If you haven't tried Head and Shoulders with the dry dandruff, it may help.

Also, there is usually a balance between good bacteria and yeast on the skin. Antibiotics don't discriminate, and kill the good with the bad. The result can be more yeast/fungus on the skin. Yeast usually thrives in oil, though, so if anything, dryness is opposite of what I would have expected. ...?

Are you on a low-fat diet?
I used head and shoulders for months, and i came up with dry flake covered head. It was totally useless.

about antibiotics, well, i guess it's not the reason then my hair always behaves in the opposite direction though, nothing works on my hair! : and no, i'm not on a low-fat diet (i've never been)