Page 135 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 2693

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Sha-na-na View Post
    In my humble opinion, each of these artists' creations are simple, have been done before, and are re-creations. I have seen a moon in the hair before
    I'm curious where you've seen this? I've seen moons as toppers on forks and sticks, but before Ravenscroft I'd never seen a moon shape actually being used as the hairtoy itself.

Length
    22"/35"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    I'm curious where you've seen this? I've seen moons as toppers on forks and sticks, but before Ravenscroft I'd never seen a moon shape actually being used as the hairtoy itself.
    First, was wearing a moon fork from her and had a woman tell me that she just loved (insert random name) creations. I told her I got one on etsy.

Second, there are a few I have seen on ebay, one vintage.

Oh, also, I saw one (though it may have been a pronged one with hair wrapped at a ren-fair.

Don't get me wrong, I see the flipside. I just more agree with my reasoning. Lol.

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Converting a brooch is not a new idea. No theft on RQ side. Looks like he just figured how to make it better.

I view this as a basic piece. So to go to what I know, piercings.

1 company makes single point implant feet. They are kind of ok, but room to improve. Company does care to improve.

Another company gets requests, figures how to make superior feet. They do so. They aren't cloning the first.

They are meeting the laws of supply and demand. There is a demand for an improved foot with no supply. Anyone can fill that supply.

Length
    14"/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Converting a brooch is not a new idea. No theft on RQ side. Looks like he just figured how to make it better.

I view this as a basic piece. So to go to what I know, piercings.

1 company makes single point implant feet. They are kind of ok, but room to improve. Company does care to improve.

Another company gets requests, figures how to make superior feet. They do so. They aren't cloning the first.

They are meeting the laws of supply and demand. There is a demand for an improved foot with no supply. Anyone can fill that supply.
    Is that company somewhere on etsy? I want feet - err....actually they would be for SO to do what he will with. Otherwise.....GOOD POINT.

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Ok so apparently, according to Ed on his fb, pacific merchantile is now under attack by raven. She claims he stole her arrowhead stick idea, though ive never seen her sell them. Besides, Ed's are neat!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

and PrinceVesuvius (Cat) PrincessBob's Avatar
    Length
    21"/70.5"/69"
    Type
    1c/M/iii

Post Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    Ok so apparently, according to Ed on his fb, pacific merchantile is now under attack by raven. She claims he stole her arrowhead stick idea, though ive never seen her sell them. Besides, Ed's are neat!
    (Not Raven, another dealer. I hope this all blows over, soon.)
    The Cereduin ♫Melody Maker♪ and Bard
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights and
    CrochetWizard
    Credit Avatar:LemonJolly 2015 / Credit Siggy: Snuggles, September 2015

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    Mk, read it wrong. This seems to be happening a lot on etsy though. The lady who made my hair toy organizer got her design stolen too!

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    14"/31"/40"
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    Here's the flipside to the continuing saga, if anyone's interested.
    http://www.etsy.com/teams/12375/vend...iracy/discuss/

Ed of PM has admitted to me in writing that he is not the copyright owner of the carbide arrow hair stick either. Somewhere, another artist has come up with a unique idea and designed it but it is being sold by PM. He doesn't credit the copyright holder/artist and this might mistakenly lead the buyer to believe that this is PM's original design while he happily pockets the money.

Raven does the same thing but in larger quantities. She sees a design (someone else sweated over) that appeals to her and makes it. She even imitates the mythology descriptions on her store listings. Everyone knows Nightblooming is the originator but in the meantime Nightblooming and Quattro continue to see their hard earned unique ideas and designs being copied and sold as though Raven were actually the designer. Designing something is hard work. Coming up with a unique idea is hard work. All the mythology that Nightblooming includes in her listings is hard work. Damn hard work.

Unfortunately, there are many people who are willing to steal/copy other's designs and/or pass them off as their own. Almost every popular artist I've purchased hair accessories from has had their designs stolen and sold in other shops on Etsy, Ebay and Artfire. Some have even been mass produced.

There is a real need to preserve the integrity of design, intellectual property and copyright among artists and craftsmen. These are not multimillionaires with major factories cranking out the latest fad but artists sweating out every single design and business detail. The artists often work on their art in their spare time from full-time jobs and family.

I'm a very small store and have been absent due to illness for over a year now but I feel I had a unique idea so wish to protect my design.

ETA: I hope you'll all consider joining us at Venders Against Piracy, Customers Against Piracy: http://www.etsy.com/teams/12375/vend...nternet-piracy
    Last edited by jahof45; April 28th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Hmn. I hope this whole business doesn't turn into a witch hunt.