Page 136 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 2693

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by jahof45 View Post
    Ed of PM has admitted to me in writing that he is not the copyright owner of the carbide arrow hair stick either. Somewhere, another artist has come up with a unique idea and designed it but it is being sold by PM. He doesn't credit the copyright holder/artist and this might mistakenly lead the buyer to believe that this is PM's original design while he happily pockets the money.

Raven does the same thing but in larger quantities. She sees a design (someone else sweated over) that appeals to her and makes it. She even imitates the mythology descriptions on her store listings. Everyone knows Nightblooming is the originator but in the meantime Nightblooming and Quattro continue to see their hard earned unique ideas and designs being copied and sold as though Raven were actually the designer. Designing something is hard work. Coming up with a unique idea is hard work. All the mythology that Nightblooming includes in her listings is hard work. Damn hard work.

Unfortunately, there are many people who are willing to steal/copy other's designs and/or pass them off as their own. Almost every popular artist I've purchased hair accessories from has had their designs stolen and sold in other shops on Etsy, Ebay and Artfire. Some have even been mass produced.

There is a real need to preserve the integrity of design, intellectual property and copyright among artists and craftsmen. These are not multimillionaires with major factories cranking out the latest fad but artists sweating out every single design and business detail. The artists often work on their art in their spare time from full-time jobs and family.

I'm a very small store and have been absent due to illness for over a year now but I feel I had a unique idea so wish to protect my design.

ETA: I hope you'll all consider joining us at Venders Against Piracy, Customers Against Piracy: http://www.etsy.com/teams/12375/vend...nternet-piracy
    The difference with Ed is, he's never even seen or been in that lady's store. Also, according to her, she's been sick and out for a year. Ed just recently started making the arrow head sticks, so I doubt he saw and copied. Also, I've looked at both stores designs and they look a lot different. Ed's arrow heads are triangular, made of different materials, made in a different method, and don't have any dangles. I honestly think the didn't intentionally copy anyone. He's a great guy too.

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    The difference with Ed is, he's never even seen or been in that lady's store. Also, according to her, she's been sick and out for a year. Ed just recently started making the arrow head sticks, so I doubt he saw and copied. Also, I've looked at both stores designs and they look a lot different. Ed's arrow heads are triangular, made of different materials, made in a different method, and don't have any dangles. I honestly think the didn't intentionally copy anyone. He's a great guy too.
    I agree with that. I don't believe PM's arrow head sticks are a copy.
    Last edited by Mina17; April 28th, 2012 at 03:51 PM.

Length
    3 "/30.5"/30"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii/iii

Long_hair_bear, jahof is the woman in question.

Also, I'm not going to put my opinion out there because I wasn't around at the time of the drama, but if you are calling Ed a great guy on LHC, you really need to do some research. He has a history.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WaterMusic View Post
    Long_hair_bear, jahof is the woman in question.

Also, I'm not going to put my opinion out there because I wasn't around at the time of the drama, but if you are calling Ed a great guy on LHC, you really need to do some research. He has a history.

Yes, I'm quite well aware she is thanks. I don't much care about his past, but how he treats me.

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

This whole thing sounds bad for sure, though I can't say I fully understand the situation as I have not had time to explore it. I must say though that few etsy sellers are perfect (not trying to minimise anything here) - more than a few times I have been unpleasantly surprised by either their customer service, lenght of time they took to ship and even lies - including from reputable ones. If someone copies someone's work, it is not just about the two of them, it is also about the customers who are not getting their money's worth. I wish there was a way to anonimously complain for others to see sometimes. If you are for example being lied to, you can't exactly work it out with the seller.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    He's a great guy too.
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/98598967...epy-hair-stick

http://www.etsy.com/listing/98584302...ead-hair-stick

Kinda struggling to see the greatness over here.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by pepperminttea View Post
    True. *And* they've been done before... by others.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    16/23/26
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

What about this http://www.etsy.com/listing/98611702...ries-starlites. I do love my Quattros but I have to admit this makes me uncomfortable.
    Last edited by Mina17; April 28th, 2012 at 03:53 PM.

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Meh, I'm done with this thread, not out of anger at anyone, but just because I don't want to further debate or cause problems or bad blood. Cheers everyone!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mina17 View Post
    What about this http://www.etsy.com/listing/98611702...ries-starlites. I do love my Quattros but I have to admit this makes me uncomfortable.
    Yes that gives me the creeps too. When I saw it I was like WTH?!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)