Page 134 of 270 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136144184234 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 2693

Thread: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Post pics of your Quattro tools/toys.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessBob View Post
    The brooch attachment is completely different than the AAB fork.
    Agreed. The curve of fork behind the brooch on Ron's should help the brooch move less compared to Raven's, where the brooch can flip back and forth freely. The purpose is the same, but the design looks to be much improved.

And I admit, the quality of Raven's surprised me after from the raves I'd read here; the workmanship, though decent, was certainly less than I hoped. Not terrible, but certainly not fabulous. I've never felt like that with Quattro's pieces.

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Long_hair_bear View Post
    Allow me to beg to differ, but it looks much the same to me.
    That's not actually true if you are able to compare the ' business end' of them both, as dajanchen kindly demonstrates.

Quote Originally Posted by dajanchen View Post
    Here are two pictures of the Ravens AAB fork.

Just looking on the pictures tells me Rons has a much better quality.
    Dajanchen I totally agree with you. Having had, and passed on, one of Raven's, I can see at a glance how Ron's design solves the main problem which I experienced when trying to use Raven's

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Quote Originally Posted by dajanchen View Post
    Here are two pictures of the Ravens AAB fork.

Just looking on the pictures tells me Rons has a much better quality.
    Thank you Dajanchen.

Hmmm... seeing the design confirms my thoughts about purchasing blind...

Also Pepperminttea's point about the brooch being able able to flip back and forth, it was one I wondered about when I first saw Raven's, but couldn't tell, from the pics, if brooch would be firmly anchored. From Ron's pics the fork as a backing takes care of that, as Pepperminttea states.

Thanks again for taking the time to post the pics.

Unicorn

Huge Tolkien Nerd! Long_hair_bear's Avatar
    Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

It may be a different design and workmanship, but it's the exact same concept and does the same thing. While that's legal, it still irks me. Burger King and McDonalds does the same thing and it irks me. She makes pins, he makes a brooch fork...

“Some of the worst mistakes in my life were haircuts." - Jim Morrison
    "But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her." 1 Corinthians 11:15
    *UNICORN* Looking for Maxima Diamond Two toned Amethyst in Large

Length
    23/30/31
    Type
    2a/M/iii

I haven't bought from either seller as I'm new to the hair toy obsession, but I had wanted to buy a hair sword from raven. Now, I'm not so sure. Who's to say she didn't copy those too?
    Friend, she did copy those too - and almost everything else she sells aside from... shallots or whatever.

I would buy Ron over Raven 1,000 times out of 1,000 given the option.
    "Lady Taillte of the Autumn Fire Leaves in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!"

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by edensapples View Post
    Friend, she did copy those too - and almost everything else she sells aside from... shallots or whatever.

I would buy Ron over Raven 1,000 times out of 1,000 given the option.
    Where'd she copy them from? I'd love to get one!

Length
    -/Shldr/-
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/iii

It may be a different design and workmanship, but it's the exact same concept and does the same thing. While that's legal, it still irks me. Burger King and McDonalds does the same thing and it irks me. She makes pins, he makes a brooch fork...
    With respect, it doesn't do the same thing. Hers didn't properly do what it set out to do.

It's entirely legitimate of Ron to act on requests from his customers - who are loyal to him for very good reason, namely that his workmanship is high quality - to design something which fulfills the same function, but properly this time.

If someone invented a cart with square wheels and then someone else saw the flaw and made one with round wheels ... ?

Pepperminttea and I were posting at the same time (I was posting on my phone at the speed of one word per minute) The flipping back and forth of the brooch because of lack of support from the rear (some brooches more than others, due to centre of gravity I suspect) meant that it looked frankly silly in the hair and was a fundamental flaw in the design.

© GRD, 3 March 2007

Length
    bob/41.25/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

So it does the same thing but his does it better? I'm not trying to start a debate and we're kinda getting off my original point, which was I don't think either of them are being classy about the matter. Ah, well. I'll leave my opinion at that because I'm not open to debating as I'm not wonderful at it, but I'm pretty good to sticking to my opinion.

Easily Enabled
    Length
    24"/~40"/~40"
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Unicorn View Post
    Also Pepperminttea's point about the brooch being able able to flip back and forth, it was one I wondered about when I first saw Raven's, but couldn't tell, from the pics, if brooch would be firmly anchored. From Ron's pics the fork as a backing takes care of that, as Pepperminttea states.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabitha View Post
    Pepperminttea and I were posting at the same time (I was posting on my phone at the speed of one word per minute) The flipping back and forth of the brooch because of lack of support from the rear (some brooches more than others, due to centre of gravity I suspect) meant that it looked frankly silly in the hair and was a fundamental flaw in the design.
    It was certainly... interesting to wear. You could still make it sort of work, but it wasn't straight-forward. If you put two earring backers either side of the brooch pin, that would minimise side-to-side motion. To minimise the up/down motion you had to push the fork as far into your bun as it would go, and if you were lucky your brooch would perch on the bun. It would still move a bit, but less than when it wasn't against the bun.

You'll still get side to side motion with Ron's if you use a larger brooch on it than you bought it for, but it's definitely an improvement. (And hey, I already have the earring backers for that anyway. )

Length
    22"/35"/TBL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Anje View Post
    Hi Sha-na-na. I'm not trying to jump on you specifically, just clear something up about US copyright law.

If you make a piece of art or write something on a page, it is copyrighted. Immediately. There is no further action required on your part to protect what you have done. By creating something, it has been copyrighted.

Now trademarks are a little different. I would argue that the moon forks are certainly one of Ravenscroft's trademarks and she should probably be marking them.
    Well, thank you dear for clearing that up. In my humble opinion, each of these artists' creations are simple, have been done before, and are re-creations. I have seen a moon in the hair before, a u-shaped hairfork, a shellot and such. If it is on etsy, and millions of people, or just thousands, are not buying them, then I see no need to get upset. Maybe a little irked... But that is a personality thing I believe, and it deals with one's sense of justice, injustice and tolerance. Discuss on, lol.