Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Redirecting your hair's attitude

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    ././.

Default Re: Redirecting your hair's attitude

Last year, I washed only the hairs around my scalp every day, and only the length once a week to clear out conditioner build-up.

Now, I've stretched it to two-three days.

Someone mentioned pulling it back, but that only makes it look flatter and greasier to me. Since it's short, you might be able to get away with rinsing it in the sink with just water and styling it with your natural oils (I did this at chin length, it just looks like gel!)

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

My scalp doesn't get oily as quickly since I went CO, but attempting to stretch washes just made me miserable. My scalp gets itchy, my hair gets lank and stringy. My hair always looks stringier when I pull it back in a bun or pony tail, so sometimes I can wear it down even if I can't pull off a bun, but I still would rather just cleanse my hair than try to pass off ickiness.
    Change is the only constant.

Length
    25/31/Clsc
    Type
    1b/M/ii

This is true for me. I used to wash my hair everyday and every other day, and when I would skip washing it for three or more days, it would get greasy and stringy looking. Now, I wash it every 5 days and coconut oil it the night before a wash, and it's gotten so much better. It's much less greasy, and feels a lot smoother. However, this method may not work for everyone, I can only speak for myself. I hope this helps!