Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The official "No makeup or hair dye 2024" thread

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Red face The official "No makeup or hair dye 2024" thread

Hello everybody!
    I just decided after years of bleaching and using makeup everyday to go au naturelle and see where it gets me!

Here are my first updates - a month's difference.

Feel free to join if you'd like.

Best regards

Fiorentina A. Canaretti Fiorentina's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: The official "No makeup or hair dye 2024" thread

Quote Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
    Hello everybody!
    I just decided after years of bleaching and using makeup everyday to go au naturelle and see where it gets me!

Here are my first updates - a month's difference.

Feel free to join if you'd like.

Best regards

carnelian Your new appearance is great, i like it.
    Your new hair color fit you very well and I think you created a perfect start for grow out your natural hair color.
    Regards
    Fiorentina
    A nice​ bun makes the day.

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Thank you so much, Fiorentina. It is a lot less maintenance and the color is very close to my natural so it will be much easier to grow it out.

Length
    buzz/HL/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii/iii

Hi carnelian! I won't be joining this thread as I don't bleach my hair and I am content with the frequency at which I wear makeup, but I love that you're doing this challenge! I have gone makeup-free for periods of time in the past, and have experienced great results!
    If you're anything like me, you'll have moments where you feel like you need to do something to pick up your appearance. If you ever do feel like that, I would recommend looking up "How to look pretty without makeup" on Youtube. There are some great tips there!
    Well wishes for your challenge!

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

I'll join for the ride!

I'm committed to natural hair, and don't wear makeup out of laziness and not liking the feeling of "dust" on my face. I think I last wore makeup in late 2019 for a Rhapsody concert!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Well, I like observing this thread and notice the great progress that carnelian is going through.
    As a woman of maturity I'm only doing a light touch at my eyes and lipstick, I do not apply any foundation or powder.
    If you perhaps noticed my signature then you know, I am currently growing my natural hair color out.
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Length
    APL/MBL/WL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I don't wear make-up (the last time I wore make-up was my high school graduation picture and it was more my Mom's idea than mine) and I haven't dyed my hair since 2005 (though that was the old hair that I lost to chemo; this new slightly darker hair is still considered virgin, since it hasn't been altered by dyes, lightening or straightening irons, since I've never had the urge to straighten out my natural curls). I dyed it a darker shade of red when it was still strawberry blonde/red. Now thanks to chemo or aging (or a bit of both), it's darkened to a light to medium golden brown, natural, not dyed. I won't dye it again until it goes gray/white since if the blonde I dyed it in Grade 11 washed me out, so will the gray/white. I'll be using Natural Instincts in Medium Golden Brown (the closest to the color I have now). The only thing that lightens my hair is exposure to the sun in the summer months.
    No friend requests, please. I won't accept them
    No trimming 2024: 11 January - 30 June
    APL - ​MBL - WL

Length
    buzz/CBL/MBL
    Type
    1c/M/C/iii

Thank you, Wyldfae's Mane! Sounds like you're doing amazing and I'm very happy for you. It might be interesting to check my progress from time to time I've been hiding behind blonde hair and self tanned made up skin for too long. I haven't been kind to the gorgeous natural features of my mother and father.

Welcome Ylva . Sounds like you're on a great track already! Welcome aboard

Feel free to stop by any time, Fiorentina, opinion of a lady like yourself will always be most welcome. Sorry for assuming - you're Italian? I find Italian women have exceeding class and sense of beauty.

Happy you're doing well Lady Winchester . Sounds like a great plan! I wonder if my natural hair color changed after starting hormone replacement therapy in 2016. The last time I saw my natural color was in 2013 and it was a neutral to warm golden dark brunette.

Length
    BSL/Waist/Class
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by carnelian View Post
    Thank you, Wyldfae's Mane! Sounds like you're doing amazing and I'm very happy for you. It might be interesting to check my progress from time to time I've been hiding behind blonde hair and self tanned made up skin for too long. I haven't been kind to the gorgeous natural features of my mother and father.

Welcome Ylva . Sounds like you're on a great track already! Welcome aboard

Feel free to stop by any time, Fiorentina, opinion of a lady like yourself will always be most welcome. Sorry for assuming - you're Italian? I find Italian women have exceeding class and sense of beauty.

Happy you're doing well Lady Winchester . Sounds like a great plan! I wonder if my natural hair color changed after starting hormone replacement therapy in 2016. The last time I saw my natural color was in 2013 and it was a neutral to warm golden dark brunette.
    Thank you for your kind words and the compliment, carnelian
    Regards
    Fiorentina

Length
    CBL/WL/FTL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I will be watching this thread as well I gave up hair dye a year ago and have no plans of changing that anytime soon, and I am in the process of reducing my use of makeup, if not quit entirely. It just got to a point where it felt like a hassle that I "had" to do, and lately I've been more and more drawn to natural and authentic, too.

Still, I'm not going fully makeup free, or at least I'm not making any hard rule to do so anytime soon. My skin can be rather argumentative at times and I do spot conceal whenever I feel the need, but I'm refraining from "fixing" more permanent things, such as dark circles or general unevenness. Just doing that, as well as not using eye makeup, in particular eyeliner, is a big step for me, as those were my main things. Seriously, I've worn a cat eye eyeliner for so long that my natural eye shape started to feel weird and ugly... My eye shape. It's ridiculous. I'm only just starting to like my natural eye shape, after working on neutrality for a while. It might be partly due to the cat eye/fox eye trend that has been dominating the past decade or so. My eyes are more sad puppy Which is actually cute and suits my face, too bad it took me forever to realize that. Oh well.
    CBL - APL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL - FTL
    They don't know I used to sail the deep and tranquil sea