View Poll Results: how thick is your ponytail circumference in inches?

Voters
1628. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 inch or under

36 2.21%
  • 2 inches or under

147 9.03%
  • 3 inches or under

496 30.47%
  • 4 inches or under

577 35.44%
  • 5 inches or under

243 14.93%
  • 6 inches or under

71 4.36%
  • 7 inches or under

14 0.86%
  • 8 inches or under

2 0.12%
  • other

9 0.55%
  • my pony tail is full of cheese

33 2.03%
Page 45 of 75 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: circumference of your pony tail??

Length
    Pixie/95cm/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

Quote Originally Posted by LeMimi13 View Post
    It's just that she finds it stupid, zhe thinks I'm too vain by caring about my hair (and she's the onw who straightens and wears make up like hell)
    Oh:/ Thats was sad... Hopes she comes to better thoughts soon!

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Just wanted to add that silk is a type of material, while satin is a type of weave, and you can have silk satin (which won't be vegan, in that case).

You can use silk/satin (or any other smooth material) scarves to both cover the pillow and/or wrap your hair/head with.
    I bet if your mom tried it, she would notice a difference, too.
    By the way, silk/satin pillowcase is a good preventative for wrinkles, too, as it doesn't absorb oils/water as fast and your skin glides over it. I don't see how it's vain: you have to sleep on something anyway, so how is it vain if it's on smooth material instead of a more absorbent one?

Length
    Pixie/95cm/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Just wanted to add that silk is a type of material, while satin is a type of weave, and you can have silk satin (which won't be vegan, in that case).

You can use silk/satin (or any other smooth material) scarves to both cover the pillow and/or wrap your hair/head with.
    I bet if your mom tried it, she would notice a difference, too.
    By the way, silk/satin pillowcase is a good preventative for wrinkles, too, as it doesn't absorb oils/water as fast and your skin glides over it. I don't see how it's vain: you have to sleep on something anyway, so how is it vain if it's on smooth material instead of a more absorbent one?
    Oh! hehe i didn`t know that! I go for the plastic one

Length
    Bald/Calf/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

This poll makes me want to cry. I'm only at 2 3/4 inches. It used to be 3 inches, but I lost a lot of hair when I went sulfate and cone free. It doesn't seem to be growing back. :'(

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by dellad View Post
    This poll makes me want to cry. I'm only at 2 3/4 inches. It used to be 3 inches, but I lost a lot of hair when I went sulfate and cone free. It doesn't seem to be growing back. :'(
    i have no ida what type of hair you have, but maybe sulfate and/or cone free just isnt the right thing for it.
    me for example i could never do without the second, i have different textures on my head and need that slip for detangling, otherwise i would probably be in for a hell lot of breakage due to tangling.
    however, if that isnt the case for you i can not see what would have potentially killed some of your folicles to not produce hair anymore. maybe you expect the newgrowth to catch up too fast

Length
    36/BCL/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

i voted for 6 inches or under. Measurements always vary between 5.25-5.75 (excluding bangs), growing out a ton of layers also. I'd be happier to be on the lower end of iii. i keep it oiled most of the time so my hair toys don't go to waste, it's heavy and the main reason why i won't grow past classic and would not consider dreads ever (i do love the look of the super long ones). Also i am tall which doesn't help with super "goal" lengths :/

“You are only afraid if you are not in harmony with yourself.” H. Hesse

Length
    Bald/Calf/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thank you for the input, MINAKO. I totally agree that not having enough slip contributed to a lot of the hair loss because I had endless tangles. I've since found a sulfate and cone free shampoo/conditioner that is very slippery, so I no longer get so many tangles. I do see some new baby hairs, but it will be years before they grow long.

I'm also worried that age related hair loss might begin soon. My mom started gradually losing her hair in her thirties. She went from a solid iii to a i. I'm 30 now. I think this is my main reason for worrying that I'll never regain the lost thickness.

Quote Originally Posted by MINAKO View Post
    i have no ida what type of hair you have, but maybe sulfate and/or cone free just isnt the right thing for it.
    me for example i could never do without the second, i have different textures on my head and need that slip for detangling, otherwise i would probably be in for a hell lot of breakage due to tangling.
    however, if that isnt the case for you i can not see what would have potentially killed some of your folicles to not produce hair anymore. maybe you expect the newgrowth to catch up too fast

Length
    //Thigh//
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

My ponytail circ. is coming back from a shed last summer so it's just 4.1

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Remi View Post
    My ponytail circ. is coming back from a shed last summer so it's just 4.1
    Just 4.1"??? You make that sound as if it was nothing, while its actually pretty thick regardless of the shed.

Growing in the Silvers hennalonghair's Avatar
    Length
    APL/TBL/CL
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrielle View Post
    i voted for 6 inches or under. Measurements always vary between 5.25-5.75 (excluding bangs), growing out a ton of layers also. I'd be happier to be on the lower end of iii. i keep it oiled most of the time so my hair toys don't go to waste, it's heavy and the main reason why i won't grow past classic and would not consider dreads ever (i do love the look of the super long ones). Also i am tall which doesn't help with super "goal" lengths :/
    Ditto on all the above!!!