View Poll Results: how thick is your ponytail circumference in inches?

Voters
1175. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1 inch or under

    29 2.47%
  • 2 inches or under

    110 9.36%
  • 3 inches or under

    357 30.38%
  • 4 inches or under

    405 34.47%
  • 5 inches or under

    182 15.49%
  • 6 inches or under

    51 4.34%
  • 7 inches or under

    9 0.77%
  • 8 inches or under

    1 0.09%
  • other

    6 0.51%
  • my pony tail is full of cheese

    25 2.13%
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445
Results 441 to 447 of 447

Thread: circumference of your pony tail??

  1. #441
    Member Bananfot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    123
    Length
    Pixie/25"/Clas?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    Quote Originally Posted by LeMimi13 View Post
    It's just that she finds it stupid, zhe thinks I'm too vain by caring about my hair (and she's the onw who straightens and wears make up like hell)
    Oh:/ Thats was sad... Hopes she comes to better thoughts soon!

  2. #442
    Member meteor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    3,269
    Length
    -/44''/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/iii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    Just wanted to add that silk is a type of material, while satin is a type of weave, and you can have silk satin (which won't be vegan, in that case).

    You can use silk/satin (or any other smooth material) scarves to both cover the pillow and/or wrap your hair/head with.
    I bet if your mom tried it, she would notice a difference, too.
    By the way, silk/satin pillowcase is a good preventative for wrinkles, too, as it doesn't absorb oils/water as fast and your skin glides over it. I don't see how it's vain: you have to sleep on something anyway, so how is it vain if it's on smooth material instead of a more absorbent one?

  3. #443
    Member Bananfot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    123
    Length
    Pixie/25"/Clas?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    Just wanted to add that silk is a type of material, while satin is a type of weave, and you can have silk satin (which won't be vegan, in that case).

    You can use silk/satin (or any other smooth material) scarves to both cover the pillow and/or wrap your hair/head with.
    I bet if your mom tried it, she would notice a difference, too.
    By the way, silk/satin pillowcase is a good preventative for wrinkles, too, as it doesn't absorb oils/water as fast and your skin glides over it. I don't see how it's vain: you have to sleep on something anyway, so how is it vain if it's on smooth material instead of a more absorbent one?
    Oh! hehe i didn`t know that! I go for the plastic one

  4. #444
    Member dellad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    161
    Length
    Bald/MTL/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    This poll makes me want to cry. I'm only at 2 3/4 inches. It used to be 3 inches, but I lost a lot of hair when I went sulfate and cone free. It doesn't seem to be growing back. :'(

  5. #445
    Member MINAKO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,338
    Length
    16"/42"/46"
    Type
    2a/F/M/iii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    Quote Originally Posted by dellad View Post
    This poll makes me want to cry. I'm only at 2 3/4 inches. It used to be 3 inches, but I lost a lot of hair when I went sulfate and cone free. It doesn't seem to be growing back. :'(
    i have no ida what type of hair you have, but maybe sulfate and/or cone free just isnt the right thing for it.
    me for example i could never do without the second, i have different textures on my head and need that slip for detangling, otherwise i would probably be in for a hell lot of breakage due to tangling.
    however, if that isnt the case for you i can not see what would have potentially killed some of your folicles to not produce hair anymore. maybe you expect the newgrowth to catch up too fast
    "Lady Kawakami Mistress of Insects, in the Order of the Longhaired Knights"


  6. #446
    Member Ambrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Age
    34
    Posts
    462
    Length
    36/hip/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    i voted for 6 inches or under. Measurements always vary between 5.25-5.75 (excluding bangs), growing out a ton of layers also. I'd be happier to be on the lower end of iii. i keep it oiled most of the time so my hair toys don't go to waste, it's heavy and the main reason why i won't grow past classic and would not consider dreads ever (i do love the look of the super long ones). Also i am tall which doesn't help with super "goal" lengths :/


    “You are only afraid if you are not in harmony with yourself.” H. Hesse




  7. #447
    Member dellad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    161
    Length
    Bald/MTL/Term
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

    Default Re: circumference of your pony tail??

    Thank you for the input, MINAKO. I totally agree that not having enough slip contributed to a lot of the hair loss because I had endless tangles. I've since found a sulfate and cone free shampoo/conditioner that is very slippery, so I no longer get so many tangles. I do see some new baby hairs, but it will be years before they grow long.

    I'm also worried that age related hair loss might begin soon. My mom started gradually losing her hair in her thirties. She went from a solid iii to a i. I'm 30 now. I think this is my main reason for worrying that I'll never regain the lost thickness.

    Quote Originally Posted by MINAKO View Post
    i have no ida what type of hair you have, but maybe sulfate and/or cone free just isnt the right thing for it.
    me for example i could never do without the second, i have different textures on my head and need that slip for detangling, otherwise i would probably be in for a hell lot of breakage due to tangling.
    however, if that isnt the case for you i can not see what would have potentially killed some of your folicles to not produce hair anymore. maybe you expect the newgrowth to catch up too fast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •