Thread: What to do with flat hair?

Length
    1/19/26
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Angry What to do with flat hair?

I'm currently growing my hair out and even if I wash it, it stays very flat. It's not oily or slick, just flat. If I blow dry it on cool, I get a lot of fluff that lasts for a few days but if I let it air dry it's very lank. I used to have very thick, unruly hair and I miss it so much. My hair is growing about an inch per month but I'm so frustrated at this point I'm tempted to cut it back into a pixie.

Will blow drying on the cool setting damage my hair? Are there any products I should look into?

I don't use any styling tools with heat at all and I use V05 Tea Therapy shampoo and conditioner. Maybe this is just how healthy but thin and fine hair feels. I'm coming from six years of fried, frizzy hair so I guess I just haven't gotten used to it yet. I really don't know but any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Length
    0.5"/21/28
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii/iii

Default Re: What to do with flat hair?

Cool blowdrying isn't too bad, but I wouldn't make it a habit. Maybe you could give some natural hairsprays/gels a go and tease the hair up a bit? I saw a great one for a lemon hairspray the other day on the forum

Length
    zip/calf/term
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Wear and stop worrying about it? I never got the obsession with not having flat hair and the need for "volume" since it really is mostly determined by hairtype anyhow and I think it is generally going to look best when you work with you've got!

I'm in the minority though since if you do a search you will find multiple threads with loads of suggestions.

From zero to hero

All posts are made as a regular member unless they are in modbold.

Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Conditioning with catnip tea gives me huuuuuge hair. If you are looking for volume, it might be worth a try.

Length
    -/%/+
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Sometimes I'll let my hair dry with the part made to the opposite side of which I'll wear it when it's dry. Obviously this does not make it look like I'm wearing a Bumpit, but it works well enough for me.

Length
    1/23/35

It is so funny, you 'dont' want flat hair, I 'do' want flat hair!

Many straight hairs want curly, while the curlies want straight! Maybe we should get together and just trade
    SunshineHair's Hair!

Length
    1/19/26
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

My problem is that my hair is really thin and makes my face look long when it's flat. I don't have straight hair either, it's rather wavy, actually. Weird, at best.

I will try the lemon spray and catnip conditioning though. Thank you.

Length
    1/23/35

I am willing to bet that your look nice and so does your hair! Hang in there
    SunshineHair's Hair!

Length
    waist/sl/none
    Type
    2c/M/C/i

When my hair was shorter, about waist or so, I would clip the crown hair up high with a claw and let it dry. Or I would scrunch it as it was drying. Both gave me nice volume. That was back in the old days when I used regular shampoo though. Nowadays I CO and I have lost all my volume on top and I also miss it.
    Change is the only constant.