Thread: Castor & Olive & Tea Tree Oil Mix for Deep Treatment?

The Last Hairbender Dreams_in_Pink's Avatar
    Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Lightbulb Castor & Olive & Tea Tree Oil Mix for Deep Treatment?

I like castor oil for reducing shed, tea tree oil to cure dandruff, olive oil to condition and soften.
    What do you think about this mixture?

I brought together my favorite treatment oils but i'm not too sure if using them altogether will prevent each other from doing their tasks.

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/waist/TB
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Default Re: Castor & Olive & Tea Tree Oil Mix for Deep Treatment?

hey! I have no useful advice at all! But I do use castor, EVOO and tea tree for OCM in a 20:80 ratio!!! Im sure someone else will come along with something more useful to say soon!
    Last edited by emi77; January 14th, 2010 at 10:12 AM. Reason: take out emoticon!

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Although I'm no expert on the subject, I really don't think there would be any problems with mixing the oils, as oils tend to blend well together.
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by emi77 View Post
    hey! I have no useful advice at all! But I do use castor, EVOO and tea tree for OCM in a 20:80 ratio!!! Im sure someone else will come along with something more useful to say soon!
    nice to hear this mixture was used before do you use that mixture for skin or scalp? Also, how much is that 20:80 ratio in terms of tablespoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Liss View Post
    Although I'm no expert on the subject, I really don't think there would be any problems with mixing the oils, as oils tend to blend well together.
    i think so but since i'm no expert at herbal oils, i thought it'd be best to ask first

Chin /// Shoulder /// APL /// BSL ///Waist /// Hip /// BCL /// Tailbone /// Classic (final goal) /// All one length Classic

Length
    APL/waist/TB
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Dreams_in_Pink View Post
    nice to hear this mixture was used before do you use that mixture for skin or scalp? Also, how much is that 20:80 ratio in terms of tablespoon?
    I use it for my skin- I rub it on dry skin, and flannel it off using warm-hot water. Works great atm!

I sometimes use it on my hair as a pre oil- but i tend more towards plain olive oil for this job as its cheaper in the long run and I have now scalp problems so have no need for the tea tree.

Hmmm....in terms of a tablespoon. I'm not sure but i'd guess it was approx 0.5 tablespoon castor to 2 tablespoons of olive with maybe one drop of tea tree- thats if you want a small amount. I tend to make it in larger batches- 40ml castor, 160ml olive and six drops of tea tree.

However you may like to add more castor to your blend. I do not, as when used on the skin in the oil cleansing method it has a drying effect.
    Last edited by emi77; January 14th, 2010 at 11:46 AM. Reason: worng amounts

Length
    pob/Hip/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I'm also aware of drying effect of castor oil. everytime i used it on my hair it felt dry and brittle. But i'm also loving its aid in hair growth maybe i'll go with %50 castor and %50 olive.