Page 239 of 261 FirstFirst ... 139189229237238239240241249 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Type
    2c/M/i

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

I did some cassia testing. First in a ball of loose hair, left it in for 2 hours. Couldn't see any change at all. I thought it might be because those balls of hair contain both my lighter as my darker hair (on the ends) and because they're not aligned as they should be on my head, you can't tell anything, because the darker parts are predominate. So I thought: If I can't see anything now, it won't be too bad if I did a strand test still attached to my hair. So I took a lock of hair on the side of my head, making sure I would find it again if the difference was subtle. Left it in for 2 hours again. No change at all...

Either the cassia is of bad quality, or you just can't tell in my hair that has slight, just slight copper hues due to chemical dye from some time ago.

My point was to see what cassia did on its own before I mix it in with henna, but apparently it does nothing.

Type
    3b/3c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by two_wheels View Post
    I've left it overnight before with great results.
    Your avatar is super-cute! That's your cat?

Okay, doing my first cassia treatment tomorrow, so excited ^^.
    Cut off tailbone hair to bob <3
    ...and then buzzed my hair off.
    I work here: mobilny dietetyk gliwice

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by 01 View Post
    Your avatar is super-cute! That's your cat?

Okay, doing my first cassia treatment tomorrow, so excited ^^.
    Yes, she's mine, grumpy old lady who adores me and hates everyone else, I love her! Good luck with the cassia

Length
    APL/MBL/CLS/S
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    I think how well it sticks long-term has a LOT to do with the porosity of your hair. If your hair has a very tight cuticle, it fades faster than if you have a rougher cuticle. Given that you're a 2c/3a/M/C/ii I think you have decent odds of it sticking around for more than a month, possibly longer
    Thanks! I don't mind if it sticks to the lengths, only so that it doesn't stick to the virgin growth, which should be relatively low porosity - it's only about +- 10cm.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I CAN'T BELIEVE I READ THE WHOLE THING!!! I'm an encyclopedia of cassia knowledge! (And I will probably forget most of what I learned by this time tomorrow...)
    I read. Then I read some more. Then I cassia'ed; with EVERYBODY'S help. Thanks sooo much to all who have contributed to and organized this thread.
    If you actually read this HUGE thread - I don't believe there's a THING that could occur pertaining to the use of cassia that isn't covered! I knew just exactly what to expect. (Special thanks to Mira Chan for letting me know I might not see much till my 2nd application... I might have blown it off before seeing these OUTRAGEOUS effects! )
    I am a total convert. Got WAY more positive results re color than I had been expecting.I expected pretty much NOTHING, as my hair is mousey ash brown/ 80% grey. BUT I got an absolutely natural looking blending of my greys into a blondish, ashy tone that I'm just LOVING! WOW - no dye involved! I'm already lazy enough to be wondering how often I'll have to repeat in order to KEEP this...
    I will post my recipe/ method asap: just raving a bit right now!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie Derelict View Post
    I CAN'T BELIEVE I READ THE WHOLE THING!!! I'm an encyclopedia of cassia knowledge! (And I will probably forget most of what I learned by this time tomorrow...)
    I read. Then I read some more. Then I cassia'ed; with EVERYBODY'S help. Thanks sooo much to all who have contributed to and organized this thread.
    If you actually read this HUGE thread - I don't believe there's a THING that could occur pertaining to the use of cassia that isn't covered! I knew just exactly what to expect. (Special thanks to Mira Chan for letting me know I might not see much till my 2nd application... I might have blown it off before seeing these OUTRAGEOUS effects! )
    I am a total convert. Got WAY more positive results re color than I had been expecting.I expected pretty much NOTHING, as my hair is mousey ash brown/ 80% grey. BUT I got an absolutely natural looking blending of my greys into a blondish, ashy tone that I'm just LOVING! WOW - no dye involved! I'm already lazy enough to be wondering how often I'll have to repeat in order to KEEP this...
    I will post my recipe/ method asap: just raving a bit right now!
    I would love to see pictures. Cassia's so great.

I've used it in the past with an herbal blend (chamomile) to give my hair some warmth in-between henna root touch ups. I like the result a lot.
    Very subtle, but brightens up my hair without darkening the color.
    Plus it's cleansing!

Only downside is that I've found that cassia leaves my hair just a bit drier than henna does.

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

You oughta know! Just look at that gorgeous head of hair you've got!

Length
    Waist/3 ft./6ft.
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

I'm really regretting not getting pics...I should have - but DH was doing a plumbing project at the time, and not at ALL in the mood to stop and take pics of my hair!

I will eat all your tofu maborosi's Avatar
    Length
    16"/35"/55"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

You oughta know! Just look at that gorgeous head of hair you've got!
    Wow, thank you!! That is so kind of you!!

I'm really regretting not getting pics...I should have - but DH was doing a plumbing project at the time, and not at ALL in the mood to stop and take pics of my hair!
    Hey, there's always next time!

Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Just did my first cassia treatment and wowza! Totally covered my grey! And the color is awesome, a light golden blond. This is the cassia- sarenrae from night blooming. Awesome stuff!