Page 218 of 261 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228 ... LastLast
Results 2,171 to 2,180 of 2606

Thread: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Cassia Thread (see first post for link to FAQs)

Quote Originally Posted by Kina View Post
    so, apparently, coconut milk has worked as a medium for henna (mixing and applying) with good results. Has anyone tried it with Cassia?
    Quote Originally Posted by lindsayhv View Post
    I have used it in my cassia in the past and it works nicely. Its easier to get the cassia out of hair too since coconut milk has nice slip! I will be using it for my next treatment. I forgot how awesome it is. It is especially awesome if your hair needs protein.
    I finally got around to applying my cassia. I mixed it with coconut milk. First thing I noticed is that the texture of the blend was very silky. Secondly, it cut the scent of the blend waaaayyy down (I like the smell, but I understand that not everyone does, hopefully that's useful information). Thirdly INCREDIBLY easy to rinse out in the shower (I usually do a mermaid soak, but figured I'd try it). Fourthly, my hair wasn't dry at all. Lastly and most importantly for me, I had ZERO tangles. None.

That has never happened since I've had hair. What a lovely feeling to rinse out the hair, with plenty of conditioner, and no tangles. It's amazing. I may never apply without coconut milk again.
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    BSL/Calf/Term?
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

^ Wow! No tangles sounds like a dream come true!
    How did you apply it, Kina: to washed and wet hair? Or to dry hair pre-wash? Did you use any specific conditioner to rinse it out? Thank you!

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meteor View Post
    ^ Wow! No tangles sounds like a dream come true!
    How did you apply it, Kina: to washed and wet hair? Or to dry hair pre-wash? Did you use any specific conditioner to rinse it out? Thank you!
    Applied to co washed, finger detangled, damp hair. I've applied to wet and it's a nightmare of dribbles. The conditioner is a giant generic bottle I got at BJ's, don't even know the name. I use it specifically for rinsing out cassia since I don't want rinse it with a coney conditioner (which is what I normally use)
    Last edited by Kina; January 24th, 2015 at 07:59 PM. Reason: multi quote gone wrong
    'And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair' Khalil Gibran.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    Pixie/Waist/TBL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I'm in the mood to try using cassia again. I'm just wondering - has anyone tried this brand?

http://www.sheabuttercottage.com/CASSIA-POWDER.html

I've ordered a couple of packs to try it out. It looks good (and cheap!), but I'd never heard of it before...

Length
    22"/22"/28"
    Type
    1b/1c/C/ii

This may have been posted before, but I was wondering about the cassia/amla mixture? Like from here: http://www.hennasooq.com/organic-ayu...ngth-hair-kit/

I've never used cassia or henna before, but I'm thinking about buying it. Also, could someone direct me to where all the cassia before and after photos are?

Length
    Chin/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Today's cassia/coconut milk treatment seems to have been a success! My usually cobwebby ends are feeling pretty sleek and well hydrated. I only used 2 tbsps of cassia mixed with a little camomile tea and 150ml coconut milk, it was a bit runny and difficult to apply, but it rinsed out much easier than my first full on mud attempt. I might try a cassia/SMT next, will be a nice thicker mix to work with.
    March '19
    (APL) >>> (BSL) >>> (WL) >>> (HL​​​​) >>> (BCL) >>> (TBL)

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Kina, what's your recipe/ratio mix?

I finally got around to applying my cassia. I mixed it with coconut milk. First thing I noticed is that the texture of the blend was very silky. Secondly, it cut the scent of the blend waaaayyy down (I like the smell, but I understand that not everyone does, hopefully that's useful information). Thirdly INCREDIBLY easy to rinse out in the shower (I usually do a mermaid soak, but figured I'd try it). Fourthly, my hair wasn't dry at all. Lastly and most importantly for me, I had ZERO tangles. None.

That has never happened since I've had hair. What a lovely feeling to rinse out the hair, with plenty of conditioner, and no tangles. It's amazing. I may never apply without coconut milk again.

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...

Length
    ????/35.5/40
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sourgrl View Post
    Kina, what's your recipe/ratio mix?
    Have I mentioned I'm lazy? I buy mine from Nightblooming on Etsy. As for the coconut milk, I used it in place of adding water to the mixture. Oh, I add enough to make it the consistency of pancake batter.
    Last edited by Kina; February 15th, 2015 at 05:08 PM.
    ⌣⌢ (ˆ◡ˆ) ⌢⌣

Length
    <3in/Chin?/TMI
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I did coconut milk for a bit but I like a huuuuuge spoon of coconut oil even more...
    Coconut in whatever form is definitely the answer though!

Length
    MBL/to/HIP
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

That's very helpful! Dunka

Have I mentioned I'm lazy? I buy mine from Nightblooming on Etsy. As for the coconut milk, I used it in place of adding water to the mixture. Oh, I add enough to make it the consistency of pancake batter.

Life's short...Buy the hair toy...