Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Diatomaceous earth/silica: WARNING

Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: Diatomaceous earth/silica: WARNING

Last edited by CuddlyChicken; November 9th, 2011 at 07:55 AM.

Length
    chin/APL/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

It might be worth pointing out that the potential danger is not in taking silica or horsetail, but in taking it through the form of DE. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong!).

There are many silica and horsetail supplements out there, and many people take will no ill effects (assuming they follow directions and not take too much).

I've used KAL Super Silica Plus (vitaminshoppe.com) for years, and have no problems. I think (and again, coorect me if I'm wrong) that such a supplement is one way to benefit from silica/horsetail without the dangers that come from DE.

Length
    20"/23"/28"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I'm bumping this because I am tired, all the maths argument confuzzled me. But what confuzzled me most is how much silica is in diatomaceous earth .... according to one eBay seller 95% which is substantially more than claimed on this thread?? And other sites say it is not actually earth just crushed shells of single celled organisms.

Just to be clear I am not planning on eating DE as I have done zero research: I am looking to emulate a face scrub that is no longer manufactured.
    Dyed-in-the-wool redhead, growing out a major shed & mechanical damage to hairline. Eight years 'modified' Curly Girl, just past BSL stretched but keep trimming.

Length
    13/21.5/30
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii/iii

I've heard so much about vitamins being bad. Ive just started to take bassetts multivitamins and i hope they are okay... Someone told me that apparently theres a rise in breast cancer because of people taking them which scared me. But then again apparently not enough vitamin d causes it and i dont get vitamin d so thats why i bought multivitamins.... too confusing.

Length
    short/long/?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox7275 View Post
    I'm bumping this because I am tired, all the maths argument confuzzled me. But what confuzzled me most is how much silica is in diatomaceous earth .... according to one eBay seller 95% which is substantially more than claimed on this thread?? And other sites say it is not actually earth just crushed shells of single celled organisms.

Just to be clear I am not planning on eating DE as I have done zero research: I am looking to emulate a face scrub that is no longer manufactured.
    The place I buy it from has their analysis online for you to see. Other information is on their info page.
    "When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion."
    Abraham Lincoln

Length
    26/32/37ish
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

I'm glad that I just read this. Thanks for posting the link too.