Thread: Ponytail Hooks

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Default Ponytail Hooks

I had a little pillage at Sally's Beauty Supply earlier this week and scored some ponytail hooks. You know, hair bungees, not Bunjiis.

Anyhoo, I'm having trouble with them. I can't seem to get them wrapped tightly enough to stay put--they fall out within an hour or so.

Operator error? Hair too fine and thin (my hair is just barely ii). Just need to shut-up and practice some more?

Tips and tricks from veteran users requested.
    Some people have a way with words. Others, oh. . . no. . . have. . . way. --Steve Martin

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Ponytail Hooks

I got lured into buying them too; I've only tried them out around the house. Not tight enough or secure enough for me.

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I don't find them very usefull either. The only time I use them is if I've gone to the trouble to ragg curl all my hair and I dont want to un-clump the curls by pulling them through a traditional elastic.

Length
    short/thigh/long
    Type
    1c/M/iii

How are you wrapping them? I find that if I wrap it around the ponytail and at the end, cross the last hook over, on top of what's been wrapped and hook it into hair on the "scalp" side of the pony tail, it holds just fine.

Re-reading this back it sounds scary, tangle inducing and hair pulling out. It's not though .

Maybe someone else will be able to explain it better.

Account Closed by Member Request

I'll give it another try today following your suggestion

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    How are you wrapping them? I find that if I wrap it around the ponytail and at the end, cross the last hook over, on top of what's been wrapped and hook it into hair on the "scalp" side of the pony tail, it holds just fine.
    That's what I've been doing.

Either the first hook won't stay seated until I get the thing wrapped around and the second one in place, or I'm able to get it on with both hooks seated but they work their way out of my hair pretty quickly.

It's disconcerting.

Boo. Hiss.
    Some people have a way with words. Others, oh. . . no. . . have. . . way. --Steve Martin