Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Henna Has Changed my Hair

Length
    27/33/46
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default How Henna Has Changed my Hair

Everyone knows that henna does good things for hair, but I never realized what exactly all those good things were before I hennaed. So I decided to make a little list of some of the big things henna has done for me.

1. Shine - This was the first thing I noticed (other than the color change). My hair became dramatically shinier and stays shiny in most lighting conditions. I've never had such shiny hair, even when it was completely virgin.

2. Smoothness - My hair is incredibly smooth now that I've hennaed. Abuse from dye and peroxide had made my hair a bit rough over the years, but now it feels smooth as silk, due to henna coating my hair. Along with the shine and softness, this is one of the best benefits of henna.

3. Softness - Along with being shiny and smooth, my hair is softer than ever now. No more dry, crunchy, itchy hair. Just soft and smooth.

4. Thicker hairs - My hair used to be fine. I could hardly see an individual strand, and it was almost impossible to feel between my fingers. Seven hennas later, my hairs now feel like pieces of thread. Hopefully, this will help keep my hairs from getting damaged as easily, because fine hairs are so fragile.

5. Strength - As a result of having thicker hairs, my hair is now stronger. It's hard to tell if hair is stronger, but I think mine is. Split ends haven't been traveling up the hair like they used to, and I don't seem to be breaking off my ends like I used, either. Even with all the babying I did to my hair after joing LHC, I still lost a lot of my dry, brittle ends whenever I brushed. Now I don't see any short broken ends fluttering down to the floor.

6. I can now see damage - When I was blonde, it was almost impossible for me to see damage in my hair, aside from some split ends, which were also difficult to see. I can now see all of the damage that dying and mistreating my hair has done. I have lots of white dots at the ends of my hairs, and splits galore... I just couldn't see them as a blonde, but they show up easily on red. So now as I grow and cut, I'll be able to actually see the damage going away.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

Default Re: How Henna Has Changed my Hair

It's filled in the damage making my ends feel thicker then they did.

colour is a fantastic red now and i wish to continue the upkeep.

since i hit full satiation it doesn't seem to condition any further , don't think i has room too.

It's been a hair saver and has strengthened my hair massively.

It's nice to see that henna isn't portrayed in a negative light by yourself and some. I release the colour scares allot of people but the healing properties to me have been amazing and just could not have been ignored. The colour was just an amazing side effect on my part, can't get enough of the colour.
    Last edited by rach; January 4th, 2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: forgot something

Length
    ~APL/26.5/34 in
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

My hair tangles so easily without henna in it, and it is smooth and nearly tangle free when I keep up with the henna. This alone is worth it, because I hate losing strands to tangles.

Length
    BUZZ/APL/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I have noticed similar improvements in my hair, although my hair does not seem any thicker after several hennas than it did before. I love the shine, softness, strength and color I get from henna, and even the once-monthly sacrifice of several hours' time isn't too bad, really!
    F/ii/goodbye henna!

Length
    21/34/36
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

My hair is red now.

I think it's in better condition because it keeps me from changing my mind all the time. I know the henna won't budge so I dont try.

blonde-brown-red-blonde-red-brown-blonde is no way to go through life.

Length
    Jaw/TB/Butt
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Argh, don't tempt me.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I think henna makes my hair more coarse, it pushes spiral curl pattern towards kinky. It's easier to blow-dry it straight, but frizz now looks like unruly hairs that stick out from the rest of the hair. I don't know if I explain it clear.
    Of course, there's also colour and shine.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

It just made my hair dry, stiff, and brittle.

Account Closed by Member Request
    Length
    15/26/49
    Type
    3a/M/iii

I like the strength part of the henna. i have not noticed the others yet.

Length
    15"/23"/45"
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

I love henna! It makes my hair soft and shiny, and the burgundy I have now is amazing!
    I'm also convinced that it decreases shedding and makes my hair much stronger than it was before.