Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hair Thin In Front

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Default Hair Thin In Front

Does anyone else have hair that is thin in the front and on the sides? Mine covers my scalp, Thank God, but it is thin and so baby fine. I would like to have bangs, but when I do, they are so thin and fine that they clump together and look awful unless I comb them every 5 minutes. I have grown them out, but they have never gotten much beyond chin length, so only stay in a high style.

I know. I just have to live with it.

Lisa
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    17/39.5/42
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Hair Thin In Front

My hair is the same way. I have really thick hair in the back at the crown but my side hair is thin. It also creates natural layers that I can do nothing about because they will not grow longer then shoulder length. I have just trained them to go back into my styls and for the most part they will lay down back over my head regardless of where the style is placed.

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

i have the same thing! i would have to use all my hair from my ears forward to get decent bangs...not that i want bangs anymore, but i also have to use a lot of hair to do a half-up, which leaves the bottom layer looking a bit straggly.

i have been having great results using castor oil to get thicker eyelashes--and by thicker, i mean 2 or 3 layers of new growth, not just individual lashes getting thicker. i'm too lazy to put oil on my scalp regularly, but i have read that castor oil does help with new growth. for example, if the hair at your part or temples was getting thin, castor oil would help. my hypothesis is that it stimulates inactive or clogged follicles to start growing again; it's not like you could put it on an area without follicles and get new hair!
    River, honey? He's putting the hair away now.

Length
    12/32/35
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I don't think mine has thinned. I think it's always been this way. One thing I hate about it is that my hair lays so flat to my head with updos.
    Started growing at 42. Always admired and wanted long hair. Thrilled to find waves!!!

2b-F-ii

Length
    21.5/BSL+/Waist
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Mine is like this. I always have side layers and you can usually see scalp at the sides of my head when I do updos, especially on slightly oily hair.

It bugs my, but there's not much I can do.

But...at least I like face framing layers since I'm forced to have them.

Getting closer...

Length
    chin/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Mine, too-I can't have bangs either for that reason. Well, I could, but I have to cut a lot to get them to look decent.
    Trying to grow my babyfine hair long/working on going natural

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Me too! back = thick and resilient, sides and front = fragile and wispy.

Actually when my hair was at it's longest (BSL) I don't think the sides/front ever got past my shoulders.

Not sure what can be done except to avoid weakening them with styling?

I swear the back grows faster, too.

Length
    12"/42"/Term!
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

i was kinda running late for work when i first posted...
    i didn't mean to imply that anyone's hair was thinning, but i also didn't want to sound like castor oil is some kinda miracle-gro for hair!

however, i have definitely had lots of new growth with my eyelashes; i have even had to pluck a few because they were growing way above or way below my "normal" lashline. and it's not that my eyelashes have thinned recently, they've just always been like this.

also, i've read that castor oil extends the "life span" of each individual hair. so say an eyelash would normally fall out after 2 weeks, and castor oil helps it stay in for 3 weeks, then the terminal length will be longer! so it might be worth a try on those thinner areas--diluted! it is notoriously thick & difficult to wash out.

here's a thread:
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=18265

personally i think i have a circle of thinner hair, all along my hairline; my nape hair is very thin too, and shorter and more prone to split ends. a reverse tonsure!

lol...i think i just talked myself into trying a scalp application!
    River, honey? He's putting the hair away now.

Length
    16/22/30
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/i/ii

Have you guys tried:

1. looser updos

2. satin or silk sleep caps or pillow?

I had a physician in Cali suggest my hair was thinning in front on one side & I got all offended. I had sparseness at the hairline and nape. But he was right. I found my way here. Stopped the tight buns, sleep on satin pillowcase. Monistat & oil on scalp occasionally. Scritch & massage. CO.

Not that this your cause but I feel your pain.

I'm on the road to recovery . . .

Length
    18"/MB/MB
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Looser updos...hmmm. In theory that would be a great idea! In my reality, however, with flat grease-prone hair there is zero pouff and zero body. The only thing looser updos do is pull my hair at my scalp! Ouch.

Once I tried that fake height at the crown thing by twisting, pushing and bobby-pinning it. By lunch time it looked like a bad Donald-Trump comb-over job . So I'm going straight for the gollum look from now on in updos.

Bits of my scalp (the widows-peaky bit) show through also when I have my hair up. And I also have stringy bangs unless they're mullet-thick, so I know where you all are coming from.

Pointless post other than to commiserate! Sorry! I am trying to appreciate what I've got though (you can tell, can't you!).
    Last edited by MsBubbles; January 4th, 2010 at 10:57 PM.