Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Suave Almond and Shea butter

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Default Re: New Suave Almond and Shea butter

I don't need any more conditioner either. I have enough to last me until next year but I still like smelling the yummy stuff.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Yes...I love almond anything. Candy, coffee syrup, cookies, body lotion, body spray, marzipan so I am guessing I would love the conditioner. Having SO MUCH hair really helps that way...if I use a really yummy scented conditioner...I don't need perfume...everytime I turn my head all I smell is my hair!!lol

Length
    16"/25"/32"
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

It smells kind of like coconut to me. I think it does have cones. I bought a big bottle of the conditioner because I got the free bottle in the mail. I like it ok. It seems to leave my ends a little bit tangled, but oil takes care of that. I pretty much use anything that is cheap though. I'll rotate it with my other products so the cones don't build up.

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I bought all three of the conditioners: Rosemary Mint, Almond & Shea Butter and Aloe & Ginseng.

I CO washed using the Rosemary Mint mostly on my scalp followed by the Almond & Shea Butter.
    My hair is amazing!
    No Frizz! That is unheard of for my grays!

The conditioners contain cyclopentasiloxane as the 3rd ingredient.
    I read somewhere that it evaporates.
    There is also Dimethiconol listed after all the extracts down towards the bottom.
    Dove has Dimethiconol in it and has always worked nicely on my hair. But this is so far down the list I don't know how it can have that big of an effect.

The rest are lots of natural extracts.
    I bought it to use as a Wen alternative in between shampoo days.
    But the results were so amazing I may see how long I can go just using them.

No leave-ins, no oils, nothing else on my hair.
    Usually after I brush my hair, it poofs out and frizzes up. Not with this.

Avatar, signature and profile pic ( larger avatar picture) taken today after CO washing yesterday afternoon, wearing it twisted up last night, and then sleeping on it.

Now I have to make sure to buy up as much as possible because if I know anything it will be discontinued eventually.

Oh, the scent of the 2 i've used so far are great but I didn't notice them after my hair dried.
    Last edited by Silver Strands; February 15th, 2010 at 11:56 AM. Reason: add info

I bought some a few weeks ago, havent used it yet have to finish up some of the others Ive started first

Length
    12/20/36
    Type
    3c/F/iii

Rosemary Mint, Almond and Shea, and Aloe and Ginsing are the new ones?

Then what about Suave Naturals Pomegranate Splash? I could of swore that that was new too.

I must be behind my game
    ~Lady Caoimhe of the Roasted Tea Leaves in the Order of the Long Hair Knights~

In all things, be more like Stevie Nicks.

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

The first 3 are from the Professional line and the last one is from the Natural line.

Length
    27/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I picked up some of the Almond & Shea Butter conditioner and shampoo last week. ohmigoodness, I love it. Here is how I am using it:

1. On wet hair, apply Giovanni TTT conditioner on scalp (i've been struggling with itchy dry flaky scalp). Apply large amount of Suave Almond & Shea Butter conditioner all over length.
    2. Do other showerish stuff (5 minutes)
    3. Without rinsing, add a mix of 3 parts Suave Almond & Shea Butter shampoo to 1 part Suave clarifying. Scrub scalp and squeeze through length. Rinse all very well with cool water
    4. Apply Aubrey Organic honey Suckle rose from ears down. Rinse again in cool water.
    5. Towel dry, comb & damp bun.

6. Whew that sounds complicated but it isn't too bad. The day after wash day my hair was smooth, silky, shiny incredible. It stayed incredible all week.

No frizzles, no frazzles, smooth and shiny. I was able to go 6 days between washes.
    "You're just envious because Legolas and Elrond have better hair than you. Actually, better hair than anyone else ever. " - Pegasus Marsters

Length
    Neck/Class/TBL
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I purchased the matching shampoo today.
    They have Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Coco-Betaine followed by all of the oils, extracts and aloe.
    The only shampoo that has cones in it is the Almond Shea Butter. It has Dimethiconol listed after all of the good stuff. It's about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way down. Even further down the ingredient list is Amodimethicone.

I haven't tried them yet but I like the natural ingredients, mild (for me) sulfate, and low cones.
    Love the conditioners.
    I hope they don't discontinue this line.

Yeah, cyclomethicone evaporates and brings the active ingredients to the hair shaft. It's probably the only cone that can't be replaced with an oil and is actually relevant most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Strands View Post
    I bought all three of the conditioners: Rosemary Mint, Almond & Shea Butter and Aloe & Ginseng.

I CO washed using the Rosemary Mint mostly on my scalp followed by the Almond & Shea Butter.
    My hair is amazing!
    No Frizz! That is unheard of for my grays!

The conditioners contain cyclopentasiloxane as the 3rd ingredient.
    I read somewhere that it evaporates.
    There is also Dimethiconol listed after all the extracts down towards the bottom.
    Dove has Dimethiconol in it and has always worked nicely on my hair. But this is so far down the list I don't know how it can have that big of an effect.

The rest are lots of natural extracts.
    I bought it to use as a Wen alternative in between shampoo days.
    But the results were so amazing I may see how long I can go just using them.

No leave-ins, no oils, nothing else on my hair.
    Usually after I brush my hair, it poofs out and frizzes up. Not with this.

Avatar, signature and profile pic ( larger avatar picture) taken today after CO washing yesterday afternoon, wearing it twisted up last night, and then sleeping on it.

Now I have to make sure to buy up as much as possible because if I know anything it will be discontinued eventually.

Oh, the scent of the 2 i've used so far are great but I didn't notice them after my hair dried.