Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Cautionary Tale if you Want to Buy a Ketylo

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Default Cautionary Tale if you Want to Buy a Ketylo

I just dealt with the worst thing that can happen dealing with mail order goods. Lost package + bad customer service.

Long story short, my order of three Ketylo hairsticks (+plus freebie) went missing. Even worse was that these were to be a birthday gift to me from me and a 'congrats for tailbone' all in one. I spent a long while picking out the four I wanted, and had waited months to do so, throwing aside a bit of money every week.

After three weeks I still hadn't received it. I checked every day on his website but all it ever said was 'ordered'. I sent an email. He responded after a few days and finally gave me the tracking information. Told me that I was basically on my own to track it down. Told me I'd have to get my refund from the Post Office. Post office told me my claim would have been rejected as it was marked delivered so I had to deal with the police.

So I did. I went nuts trying to track it down, opened a mail investigation. Learned that the address was wrong. WENT TO THE STREET and looked for the house myself. It doesn't exist. Sent the guy an email admitting my own stupid mistake. Asked him if they were returned. Turns out he hasn't checked his mail in quite a long while. Checks his mail and oh wow.. there they are.

Anyways, that's not why I'm writing this. I'm writing this because as soon as he found out that it had been my mistake he became rather rude and condescending. Told me that his writing those few emails had taken up lots of his valuable time. I spent at least two hours at the post office talking to people and then we drove around town and went door to door this week. I pestered my neighbours asking about a box. I was willing to file a police report and had started the process with the post office. All he had to do was check his mail.. like you'd think someone who does mail order AND has a customer with a lost package would do. I used to do lots of business over the mail. It was the first thing I'd do if someone had a lost package. A mistake in the address is the most common mistake. It happened more then once. Up until I knew for sure that was the problem I rather assumed that it hadn't shown up at his address or if it had he would have mentioned it. It took me asking for me to find out it was there.

And so after a few rather unprofessional exchanges (after he told me to order yet another stick and then he'd cancel all but the 7.00 and I offered to pay half.. Because seriously, 7 bucks for shipping is already steep when you consider tracking is included for free these days!) in which I was called a time suck and told he 'didn't have time' for what I was only thinking of as very basic customer service..those few emails and checking his mail.

And, then I calmed down a wee bit and told him I'd have to check with BF on the state of the account we use for this stuff, it being bill paying time. I also offered to mail him a fiver because frankly a fiver is all I have for two weeks.

I go, talk to boyfriend. I find out we can swing it, and stick a hair stick in the cart and am stating the whole check out process and get an email stating he's refunded 39.00. Sans the high shipping, that.

TEAL DEER: Don't expect great customer service from this guy. If you have a lost package you will be the one doing all the footwork and if you want any sort of refund you will have to hope the post office accepts your claim. Even more so if the mistake is not clearly on his side. Be sure to use Paypal or a card company that's good for the consumer in case you need a refund. Remember that Paypal only will honor a contested transaction within 45 days. Expect him to be crappy and crabby about having to send short emails. DON'T EXPECT HIM TO KEEP HIS WEBSITE TRACKER UPDATED!!! I did and it never said anything about being shipped or more then just 'ordered' for THREE WEEKS!

All in all, as much as I loved his hairsticks (Seriously, I made a little facebook fan page when I first got one, I was that amazed with that corkscrew stick. I deleted it today.) I won't be buying any from him. There are so many hair toy makers now and I bet most of them are easier to deal with or at least won't call a customer with a problem a time suck in an email.
    And, I can always carve my own. Corkscrews are easy.

**The address was all correct but for the part of the name of the street. We had just learned that someone at our old building had been shot in the apartment across from our old place.. as in across the hall from where we lived for over a year. That place was on the brain. Really stupid, stupid mistake but stupid mistakes do happen. I'll own it as my stupid mistake but it's no excuse for how I was treated. **
    My Blog Mostly knitting/crochet/craftyness.
    Shiny Stuff of Mine (fledgling nail/hair blog)
    On my way to Classic.. at least!

Length
    short/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Cautionary Tale if you Want to Buy a Ketylo

I am sorry about your bad experience. It was not right you were left on your own and treated so rudly. And you are right, there are many hair stick makers out there.
    Last edited by juliaxena; April 29th, 2013 at 03:18 AM.

I amar prestar aen, han mathon ne nen, han mathon ne chae a han noston ned 'wilith. Looking for Large Aqua Border and Large Multistripe Blue and Silver Ficcare Maximas.

Length
    14/41/term.
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I do not get why some people operate businesses like this. How hard is it to be polite?!!
    Ruth

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

It's not your fault!

I'm already window shopping on etsy. So many lovelies!

Oh, it gets better. Someone texted him on my behalf (someone I do not know out of the group I am in and I did not ask to help, she was just being nice and had his number) and so he sent me yet another email in which he doubted I had a boyfriend (whose name our card is in) and that I needed to get a buzz... whatever THAT means. So yeah, I'm really disappointed in his customer service. Great sticks.. but when it goes bad, it goes bad. Not worth the hassle.
    My Blog Mostly knitting/crochet/craftyness.
    Shiny Stuff of Mine (fledgling nail/hair blog)
    On my way to Classic.. at least!

Length
    21"/30"/30"
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Wow, what a nasty person. He made so many rude, unnecessarily cruel remarks to you. Even called you names such as a 'time suck' and even claiming you probably didn't even have a boyfriend. Unbelievable. You are a paying customer and absolutely not a waste of time. His entire business is based on customers, what a joke for him to say he doesn't want to waste time on PAYING customers. What does he expect, for customers to just hand over their money to him and then cease to exist? If he doesn't want to handle the customer portion of his business, he should hire someone else to do it.

I've considered buying hair sticks from him when my hair is longer, but he's certainly lost my business if this is how he treats anyone, let alone customers. I don't waste time on unhelpful, rude, grouchy business owners that act like royalty and their customers are meager peasants that should be grateful to hand over their money to him.

What a miserable person. I certainly do not want to contribute to the financial gain of someone like that.

Holy cow, what terrible customer service.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Wow How unbelievably rude of him. I think you will have to chalk it up to experience and spend your money with other hair toy makers who are appreciative of getting your business. Maybe you can look at it this way...you might not have gotten the postage refunded but by posting your story here you may have caused him to lose a few sales.

I am not here to decorate your world

Everything is chemicals! Bagginslover's Avatar
    Length
    26.5/35.5/50
    Type
    1b/M/iii

Wow! And to think I was coveting his sticks so much! I certainly won't be ordering anything from there now, there are plenty of others that make sticks that shape, I'll go to them instead. Definitely lost my future custom!

BSL-Waist-Hip-BCL-TBL-Classic
    Layers cut back in, oops!!!!

Length
    18/Cl/Term
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I'm suddenly glad the only Ketylo stick I own came from the swap board.

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

Wow, that's just so incredibly rude of him! I'm not that impressed by his sticks to start with (for some reason they just don't work in my hair) but now he's definitely on my black list. Thanks for posting this and letting us know. I'm reserving my money for sellers with good products and good customer service.