Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Conditioning and Backne

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Conditioning and Backne

I spent a lot of time with spots on my back, which is horrid and easy to forget about when they can't be seen... until the summer comes... eeek.

Someone mentioned to me that it could be from the conditioner running down my back since I rinse it out after I've finished washing.

I tried washing my back last, but my old habits usually make me forget, so I haven't been able to tell if it's a solution or not.

Does anyone else think the conditioner would cause this? I've tried all sorts of brands over the years and always end up with the spots.

Length
    35cm/86cm/100cm
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Conditioning and Backne

I doubt conditioner would be the cause, it might aggravate the situation if you have sensitive skin though.
    "I can't stand makeup commercials. 'do you need lipstick that keeps your lips kissable?' no, I need lipstick that gets me equal pay for equal work. How about eye shadow that makes me stop thinking I'm too fat? Maria bamford" Conefree Conditioners in Oz

Account Closed by Member Request

You could try a vinegar rinse after/instead of conditioner. It would rinse the last bit of conditioner away and is good for your skin.

Length
    short/41/45"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

yup i used to get these (well i still do but its much better now).. now i condition with my hair not touching the skin and its cleared up considerably.. like i lean forward with the hair dangling over my shoulder
    can i call this classic length

Length
    tlbne/no/idea
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

I don't think it's the conditioner, but anything is possible (as my body taught me).
    Lean your head to the front while you condition, it won't touch your back. I always washed my hair like that, it didn't even occur to me to wash it standing up straight because it was always long and would tangle all over me xD
    As one we lay entwined...
    All I ever wanted, I have.
    I need never wish again, you are heaven sent.

Length
    ?/55"/44"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I always wash my hair first thing in the shower and then I'll get out, wrap it up in a turbi-towel, and get back in to wash the rest of me. This has helped a great deal with the backne for me. It also keeps my hair out of my way while I wash the rest of me.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Well, how about you clip it after it's conditioned, wash your back, then lean forward to rinse it al out? It might work.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    22/37/34 +
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

To prevent this with myself...I rinse leaned a little to the side so that my hair is sort hanging past my shoulder.

The hair is the richest ornament of women.~Martin Luther Avatar photo Oct 2008, Signature Sept. 2011

Length
    crop/APL/Waist
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Well, how about you clip it after it's conditioned, wash your back, then lean forward to rinse it al out? It might work.
    This is what I do. I keep a giant clip in the shower, so as soon as I finish my hair, I clip it up out of the way, then wash my body.

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

It looks to me like those of use who suffer from it believe it can be related to the conditioners. While those who doubt it, probably don't have the problem in the first place! (I am guessing though)

I've started vinegar rinsing this morning, so I'll see how that goes. I'll also clip it up, but I have a long-standing routine of rinsing my hair as the very last thing I do.

Anyway, I'm planning to try the oil cleansing method all over soon, so my routine will be changing considerably. Will be sure to try and keep the conditioner off my back from now onwards.