Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Conditioning and Backne

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Conditioning and Backne

Quote Originally Posted by lilalong View Post
    It might be coincidence, but for me as well my backne has disappeared since I stopped using cones.
    Cones might have been an issue for me since I can't handle the bird's nest tangles that I get without them.

I'm really noticing a difference, slowly but surely, by rinsing my hair forward rather than down my back.

Thanks to everyone for your advice and help!
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Length
    29/17/30
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I've started rinsing my hair differently thanks to you guys! I'm hoping this'll help as I have this problem too.. i'll let you know if I see an improvement.

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

I've started using cones again after a couple of months without them. Guess what's coming back... that's right, backne.

I got lazy when I went cone free and continued rinsing the conditioner out of my hair straight down my back. My back was pretty much spot free, but now after only a couple of days with cone filled conditioner, it's coming back.
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Type
    1b/F/ii

I had the same problem with cone conditioners, and it mostly went away with cone-free.
    My plant dye strand tests - Henna, cassia, indigo, buxus on mohair: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3933575...7619485710101/

Length
    24/waist/hip?
    Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Liss View Post
    I spent a lot of time with spots on my back, which is horrid and easy to forget about when they can't be seen... until the summer comes... eeek.

Someone mentioned to me that it could be from the conditioner running down my back since I rinse it out after I've finished washing.

I tried washing my back last, but my old habits usually make me forget, so I haven't been able to tell if it's a solution or not.

Does anyone else think the conditioner would cause this? I've tried all sorts of brands over the years and always end up with the spots.
    I have very sensitive skin, too - my chest AND my back occasionally break out if I use a heavy conditioner. After I'm done washing my hair and rinsing it out, I put it up in a jaw clip and I rub my facial cleanser (Clinique for combo skin) on my chest and shoulders - wherever the conditioner might have gotten clogged in pores, etc. Kinda like a top-only body wash and rinse that off, too.

I haven't had issues since then