Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Conditioning and Backne

Length
    16"/22"/30"
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: Conditioning and Backne

I like my cones too much to try giving them up just yet, so I think I'll try rinsing face down.

I'll also make an effort to exfoliate because I guess the conditioner just adds to the problem.

No SO here to scrub-a-dub-dub me since we live in different countries, so I have to do it all alone.

Wishing I could go back to the days when I could play with my rubber duckies in the bath tub before being wrapped up in a giant towel and never even think about anything other than tea parties with my dolls.
    ...The world is my oyster and I am its pearl...

Same issue here

What about backne scars ? Any tips on getting these to fade ??

and do you think the aspirin mask could help backne go away too ?

Tiny Opera Singer SlightlySoprano's Avatar
    Length
    SL/~APL/Waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

I am convinced that conditioner can absolutely aggrivate backne!!

Try scrubbing your back with face wash. Yes, face wash, after you use conditioner. Using some mild acne medication in a wash (like a salicylic acid wash) will definitely help.

The body shop makes a tea tree oil face moisturizer that's supposed to reduce scarring, you could try that!

Length
    Short/IDK/Hip
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sweetness View Post
    Same issue here

What about backne scars ? Any tips on getting these to fade ??

and do you think the aspirin mask could help backne go away too ?
    When budget constraints lift a bit, I will be start using Neutrogena Body Clear Body Scrub. It's always worked well for me.
    IMHO, one can never have too much conditioner. ~Proverb from a PJ~
    Lady Bey of Twilight Cloud in the Order of the LongHaired Knights

Onward and Upward GoddesJourney's Avatar
    Length
    BSL/TBL!/CL
    Type
    1c/2a/M/C/ii/iii

Yes, it can cause this. You could try washing your hair separately (like scalp washing or something). Then just clip your hair out of the way when you shower.

For cool tips on life, check out my blog, How to Be Awesome, For Free, a survival guide for surviving in style.

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/Trmnl
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I had backne all year round for years, then I found LHC, went cone free and *poof* backne gone!

I CO daily with cone free conditioners and they are always running down my back, but no backne..

So in my case CONES was the culprit, just another reason for me to quit them. not to mention how yucky they made my fine hair..

Last edited by Fluke; December 29th, 2009 at 08:53 PM.

"We are now entering subspace. Please stand by and await further disruptions."

Length
    14/25/34
    Type
    3a/M/ii

I used to have this problem and what fixed it was, and this will sound really easy, but I just made special care to dry off my shoulders immediately after getting out of the shower (since it would be slick with conditioner and I would just keep the towel underneath the hair until it dried. No contact = no bacne.
    Goal 1: Dec '10 = 25 inches/ Goal 2: Dec '11 = 28 inches Goal 3: Dec '12 = 31 inches/ Goal 4: Dec '13 = 34 inches!! Final goal length!

Length
    SL/Waist/Hip
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I noticed it wasn't the conditioner that gave me problems. Frequent washings did though! Washing every day, my back was red, and bumpy, and inflamed, and constantly sore and itchy. Thinking what many people always told me, my skin was dirty, I washed it more often. This made problems even worse. During the winter, it became too cold, and I too lazy, to wash every day. Now I wash my back every couple days, with a mild soap, rinsed very very well. Heck, no soap at all works perfectly fine for me, if I end up washing every day (due to exercise or general stinkyness). Maybe the conditioner on your back acts as too harsh of a soap for your skin, causing it to over produce oil, and then break out? Or it could be your body soap in general (as it was for me). Not washing my back with soap, and doing a gentle CO (no harsh shampoos for me!) has cleared up the skin on my back a ton.

ETA: Fluke made me realize, going cone free has made my backne (and acne in general) even better.
    Last edited by klcqtee; December 29th, 2009 at 09:55 PM.

Goals: APL : BSL : Midback :Waist : Virgin

Length
    17 in/19 in/30 in
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Well, how about you clip it after it's conditioned, wash your back, then lean forward to rinse it al out? It might work.

I agree.
    I used to get a bit of "backne" with CO but found the above suggestion to be very helpful.
    That, and using a conditioner that is "thinner" than what you are using now.
    Hope it helps.

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

I have it as well and don't think it's from conditioner. I didn't start using a conditioner until 2009 and have had that problem for years. Also, I alternate between baths and showers. I think it's more because of sweat. Long hair and sweat, if you wear it down enough, can be worse also.