Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Several questions

Length
    11 in/BSL+/waist
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Several questions

Wow this was all so helpful! Thanks! I'll definitely invest in a SMT paired with a clarifying shampoo. I've been meaning to do a moisture treatment recently. Maybe that's why my hair has been such a hassle. I still want to get my hair to one length though or at least have the layers not so far apart. I will probaly wait until I hit full waist before I start maintaining and getting my layers in order. I guess the good thing is that I don't want my hair to be much longer than waist...ever. I'm not sure I would be able to handle anything longer.

Thanks again everyone.
    Lady Aoide of the picture box in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Goals: Ultimate goal:32"(solid waist) with no layers above 25"

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by shockinglength View Post
    Is clarifieing with baking soda just as good as using SLS?
    It should be just as effective at removing buildup from your hair, yes. However, many of us find the effects of baking soda to be much harsher on our hair than SLS and avoid it for that reason.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Type
    3a/F/i

I agree with Anje. I use Neutrogena instead of the bicarb routine. I only use it once every six to eight weeks. That's all I need. Soda was way too harsh for me, and too much work.

Once your layers are a little longer, french braid(s) will be good. You can also do updos with them.

I agree with everyone who said that the tangles might be coming from weakened or straggly ends. I always get them, so my husband trims them. Then they're fine.

Once I went to a salon to have a half inch trimmed. The first cut, she took off four inches. I'll never trust a salon again. Never. My husband or a friend will do it. Just my opinion.
    I've made the best friends here!

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

The only way to rid yourself of layers without sacrificing your current length, is to maintain and cut off the new growth from the bottom a bit at a time until it all catches up. If you're SO close to waist you can almost taste it, you might wait until you hit that milestone and just start maintaining there.
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights