I have slightly past the shoulder somewhat layered hair (layers in front start at the chin and go down, and some short layers in the crown that tick me off almost daily)

I was thinking that come the warmer weather, to help close the gap and get rid of ALL the layers (and let those stupid short ones grow out faster), I would blunt my hair at my chin. It would relieve me of about 90% of my layering, and that would definitely make me feel better, but I wouldn't be able to ponytail hair at my chin if I got on my nerves.

What length can hair be ponytailed into a little stub? (I don't really have an answer for when mine was stub-able because it was millions of different links), I could blunt it a few inches below the chin, and that would be mostly layerless, and maybe be put into a stub?

Has anyone ever done the "chop to remove layers" thing? The short layers drive me nuts, so the less of a gap they have to grow to, the better it is. Lol.

But yeah, my hair frustrates me sometimes because I want it all one length and I figure a few months of a blunt cut that's too short to tail is worth it in the long run to remove the horrid short layering faster. It's not a lot of my hair, but the short layers are pretty short -- like 1" above my ear or something. Pretty bad. I want them gone, so would a chin length or slightly longer blunt in like May or so be a good plan?