Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite conditioner for CO Wash?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Your favorite conditioner for CO Wash?

I am new to CO Washing so I am experimenting with different conditioners. I have fine, thin, straight, color treated blonde hair.

1) What brand/scent is your favorite conditioner for the cleansing part?

2) Do you use an additional conditioner for moisture? If so, which one?

3) What is your hair type?

4) Do you color your hair?

I know the Suave, V05, White Rain are popular, but are they favorites or do you prefer something else.

Length
    16"?/29"/40"
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Re: Your favorite conditioner for CO Wash?

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

1) My favorite is White Rain and VO5 is my second fave. I don't like Suave as it seems to leave me with a waxiness that the others don't.

2) Yes always. I switch my second conditioner each time. I like Kiehls and Aveda products a lot. I also use Burt Bee's and the Regis Olive Oil conditioners. TJ's too. I could go on and on.

3) 1C, medium

4) Yes I do. Professionally colored at Aveda.

I am not here to decorate your world

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

I tried CO washing and it didn't work for me. It made my scalp and hair feel greasy like something was stuck to my hair. I tried this two different times and both times, the same thing. I came to the conclusion that CO washing was not for me, however it may work out great for you. Still, I might give it one more chance someday.

1) I used the Suave coconut conditioner and I also tried the VO5 raspberry tea one. I had the same results both times.

2) I always use an additional conditioner (leave in). Sometimes I use one called Healthy sexy hair Pumpkin Potion (smells great) but in the winter when we get freezing temperatures, Biolage fortifying leave-in treatment works better. Yes, the Biolage one has cones but it seems to work better in the winter for me as it weighs my hair down better.
    I always use a rinse out conditioner too, before the leave in and I have switched back to Biolage conditioning balm. This one has no cones or proteins (some protein containing products dry my hair out).

3)My hair type is wild and curly and kind of thick. In my picture, it was taken in the summer when I smoothed it with a straightener, something I quit doing now. My hair is also dry on the ends due to past abuse with chemical straighteners and heat styling.

4) No I do not color my hair. I have thought about henna but only for the conditioning effects it has, but I don't want to change my hair color and the henna red is not for me. I like my natural color.

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

I only CO wash on the fairly rare occasions that I do a heavy oiling, since I find it does the best job of cleaning away the excess oil.

I use either VO5 Split Ends conditioner or the Cure Care conditioner from Sally Beauty Supply, applying the conditioner to dry hair for about a half an hour (covered in a plastic cap) before rinsing, rinsing, rinsing.

My hair is fine and oily, so I generally prefer not to CO, I don't think it does a good enough job cleaning my scalp.

Length
    35 in/39 in/43 in
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    I am new to CO Washing so I am experimenting with different conditioners. I have fine, thin, straight, color treated blonde hair.

I know the Suave, V05, White Rain are popular, but are they favorites or do you prefer something else.
    1) V05 Vanilla Mint Tea or V05 Calming Camomile Tea Conditioners.

2) Yes, always, but the type varies. I mostly like GVP line at Sally's, Giovanni Line, Mill Creeks Keratin Conditioner, or Aubrey Organics. I use both cone and non-cone products.

3) 1c, 2a.

4) No.

Lady Arduinna, Keeper of the North Forest in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/ii/iii

VO5 is the only one that works for me, I love it. Any scent but my favorite is probably Sunkissed Raspberry.

Yes, either Biolage Conditioning Balm or Loreal Mega Moisture from Sally's

Wavy/curly and pretty dry

Not on a regular basis but every once in a great while

~Blonde to the Bone~ Shermie Girl's Avatar
    Length
    Too/Effin/Short
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

VO5. Champagne Kiss or Strawberries and Cream. I stray into other flavours from time to time.

I like to follow up with a rich "finishing" conditioner for extra moisture and slip.

1c/2a f/m ii/iii. My hair is badly damaged on the last few inches of my ends.

I don't colour at present.

Veni, Vidi, Velcro (I Came, I Saw, I Stuck Around)
    Proud Bottle Blonde!

BeyondClassic Webmistress Cinnamon Hair's Avatar
    Type
    1c/M/ii/iii

1. White Rain Coconut is my absolute favorite but it can only be found at Dollar Tree stores (at least in my area). I like most of the White Rain and VO5 fragrances, and comparing the two I prefer White Rain because it seems runnier and therefore easier for me to rinse. I must be allergic to something in Suave because it makes my scalp itch.

2. Always. My favorite cone free conditioners are Biolage Conditioning Balm and Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose. My favorite coney conditioner is L'Oreal Mega Moisture (available at Sally's Beauty Supply stores).

3. 1cMii/iii Very slightly wavy but goes stick straight when I comb and a little more than average thickness.

4. No never.

Length
    Waist/Hip/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Right now I'm using Suave Naturals Tangerine conditioner, I also love the coconut. V05 conditioners work for me also, but I like Suave better.

I use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition as a leave in. It's cone free and has a few oils, so it works very well.

I have fine 1c/2a hair.

I have not colored my hair since earlier this year, I'm growing out dye right now. I don't plan on ever coloring it again.

Length
    Pixie/APL/35"
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

Suave Daily Clarifying conditioner or VO5 Blackberry Sage tea Therapy.

Not usually, but sometimes if I use the Suave DC, I follow with the VO5 just for the added slip and for a bit of a scent (so that I smell like I took a shower).

In the left under my avatar. It's a bit crazy because it's straight until the last few inches, at which point it has s-waves that transition into curls. I just picked 2b because it was a sort of 'average' between the two extremes my hair has.

Yes, with henna that is being ever more diluted in conditioner.
    Last edited by Stephichan; December 8th, 2009 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Wrong VO5 conditioner listed
    Goals: Ponytail | French Braids | 1 French Braid | English Braid | Bun
    Ultimate Goal Length: Hip