Thread: Is it ok-Quality brand henna?

Default Is it ok-Quality brand henna?

I found "Quality Brand" henna powder at a local store... It says it is pure, natural and premium quality henna. Is it okay to use for hair? Has anyone else tried it?

To me it looks good- it looks like the normal bright green colour that the powder is supposed to look like.

I'll be testing it on the hair from my brush first...

Default Re: Is it ok-Quality brand henna?

Bright green, eh? You sure it's not too green, as in, green dye added to the powder to make it look "fresher"? I can't tell you without a picture of the powder. But it sounds alright to me, hopefully someone on here had used it before to give you a real answer.

Length
    12"/30"/35"
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I haven't used henna for hair personally, but I use henna on my skin often enough.

My personal opinion, based on talking to a number of women who use it in their hair as well as on their skin, is to be very careful where you buy your henna. If you're not sure what's in it, don't trust it.

My recommendation would be to check out the Henna Page Forums, and use their shop www.mehandi.com. I have never been disappointed with anything I've bought from there, and on the forums the ladies there will answer any questions you have. Catherine (the owner) is really great about answering questions too. They also have a new Purity Henna that is laboratory tested for purity and staining power, and it is well worth it. I made a batch for my skin and it was the best I've ever used.

It's not too green, but I mean it's that light colour that I've seen henna is supposed to be. I'm a newb so I have no clue if it's good or not. I am testing it on a whole bunch of hair I collected from a brush. So we'll see tomorrow how it turns out. The ingredients say that there is only henna inside, so it should be ok...

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Good idea to test it first.
    My mum bought some henna from the grocery store, I have been using it without problems. It said it contains pure henna and nothing else, so I trusted it

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

I tested it on hair from my comb and it turned out a really beautiful auburn colour

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

I had some Mumtaz henna a while back which is clearly dyed green, to the extent that it's downright scary looking when you add water. Despite my fears, it stained all right, and only stains orange, not green. Still, I tend to be leery of brands that are dyed like that, and probably won't buy more, now that this stock of it is used up.
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    15/30.5/Waist
    Type
    2b/M/iii

Great idea on testing it on hair from your brush first! I'm toying with using henna for the first time and will give the technique a try...and spread the word too!

I just bought this henna from an Indian store and it was awesome.. Great sift perfect deep color just as good as the most expensive henna out there and I paid 5$for 500 grams.. I feel so lucky