Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dye over henna, cutting 3 inches and other ??

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Re: Dye over henna, cutting 3 inches and other ??

Ok, I thought I'd revive this considering I am contemplating again. I have about a good five inches or natural roots. I had forgotten how pretty my natural color is...with these natural slight highlights from the sun. Now the two tone is getting to me.

Now I think I mentioned it before but I frequent this organic salon, Ju-Ju's that offer this totally natural permanent dye, or I could get a toner, or demi-permanent. I am thinking cause it is natural it shouldn't end up totally flat and some of my highlights should show through. I even called and asked them if they could dye over BAQ henna and they said yeah...I trust this place...got my hair dyed there before since I've been CG. They didn't even need to use shampoo to rinse all the excess out at the end. I'm thinking of maybe doing a few strong honey treatments before I go, hoping to make some spots lighter so the brown doesn't come out to dark. I just wanna be a brunette again. What do you guys think about this??

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mk11 View Post
    Phillygirl, did you ever try any of the Act By Nature hair coloring products? I looked into them over a year ago, but haven't been able to find any reviews. I thought the ingredients looked very good.

I know this is pretty old but I just had to say that I did look at the Act by Nature stuff...I think I will be ordering some. My organic salon would charge me probably over $100 to do my hair in vegetable dye... and I could get a box of that stuff for like $30.00. I read the testamonials and one even stated she was a henna user like me and was trying to cover it...so I guess it works for that. I think as soon as I get my paycheck I will be ordering some...I'll report back with my results.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyGirl1978@ View Post
    I know this is pretty old but I just had to say that I did look at the Act by Nature stuff...I think I will be ordering some. My organic salon would charge me probably over $100 to do my hair in vegetable dye... and I could get a box of that stuff for like $30.00. I read the testamonials and one even stated she was a henna user like me and was trying to cover it...so I guess it works for that. I think as soon as I get my paycheck I will be ordering some...I'll report back with my results.
    I can't wait to find out what you think of it!

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by mk11 View Post
    I can't wait to find out what you think of it!
    Have you used it too? Or has anyone else...I spent a lot of time on the website...it just looks so good...
    Not really sure what color to get...my hair was always dark brown...it has gotten lighter over the years, kind of warm and sunkissed, with some highlights. If I make it too dark and flat, it will make me look older...and with the fact that it's permanent it won't lighten over time...right? I mean I did a vegetable dye before, it came out too dark but lightened to a more natural multi-faceted tone with my "washing" and honey treatments.

No, I haven't tried it. I was looking for something natural for my Mum to use.