Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Lightbulb 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

I've copied this from my article, for those of you who do not visit articles section :P

This trick really works, at least for me, and I bet it works for everyone. My hair was silky after that, though it’s not 1a. And before this simple invention I used to have a problem with frizzy haystack for a few hours after washing. Now my hair dries smooth at once.

All you need to have is your hands and a conditioner Oh, and 5 minutes of free time after washing.
    So, having washed and rinsed your hair, remove the excess water as usually before applying a conditioner. Then apply your favourite condish. I did it with a rinse out one. Apply it, and now the story begins. Before wrapping your hair in a towel, shower cap, whatever, take your time and press the conditioner into your hair by simply taking strands of your hair between your palms and sliding your palms down towards the ends. (I’m sure there was a better word that I could use instead of “sliding” but I’ve got a vocabulary gap here ) Change a strand. And again. And go back to the first section of hair. Sections may be of course random and as thick or thin as you wish. When your hair gets clumped in too big strands, comb it through with your fingers. Really, the division can be random and messy, unless you want the sections to be equal etc. but it doesn’t influence the effect.
    Take your time. Five minutes, let’s say, but literally count to 300. Let it be a moment when you are not thinking about anything particular, like during brushing your teeth After five minutes you should feel that there’s less conditioner on your hair- yes, it soaked! Way more effectively that it would if you leave it alone Such pressing it in helps, it’s like with a face cream. It will stay on your skin if you just apply it, but if you massage it in- it will soak.
    Now you may add more conditioner and slide your hair between your palms a while longer (the longer the better I think ) or you may wrap your hair in a towel or… I think you may rinse it as well if you don’t have time. I haven’t tried this option but anyway, five minutes of pressing a condish in should give you better effects than just keeping it on your hair. I recommend letting it stay under a towel or a shower cap for 10-20 minutes, though.

Let me know how it works And if something is not clear (all in all my English is sleeping, it’s morning there) don’t hesitate to contact me. As a LHC addict I am there almost everyday

I'm curious- maybe it works with oils too?
    Last edited by Henrietta; March 16th, 2011 at 07:19 AM.

Length
    16/55/?
    Type
    1b/F/i

Default Re: 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

Interesting, I will try this when I deep condition this weekend.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I'm definitely going to try this on Sunday (wash day). And I think your English is wonderful. I know not one word of Polish.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    I'm definitely going to try this on Sunday (wash day). And I think your English is wonderful. I know not one word of Polish.
    Thank you! I bet you know some words in Polish but you are not aware of it Radio, stop, computer...

Post Re: 300 seconds for more effective conditioning

Thanks for the tips, this sounds really interesting My hair needs all the "moisture assistance" it can get so I`m definately gonna try this tomorrow And I agree with Xandergrammy, your English is wonderful, I understood every word if it
    Last edited by CastaDiva; March 16th, 2011 at 07:27 AM.

Length
    28/42.5/???
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i

That sounds interesting. I'll try this instead of using conditioner in the shower next time, as conditioning twice might be too much for my fine hair.
    ...procrastinating the new signature...

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

It's drying now I used a mix of a Loreal deep conditoner and my usual Aussie 3MM. I pressed it in for a count of 250 then added a big glob of just 3MM to the ends and worked it in for another 100s. It seemed very smooth in the shower.

I lost a bit more hair than usual, but I think when I brush it later I'll lose less. It's swings and roundabouts with that kind of thing.

Does it take you a lot more conditioner than normal? My hair was quite dry after cassia followed by CO at my last wash,so that may have been it.

The only Polish I know is Polski Sklep. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head!
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by enfys View Post
    It's drying now I used a mix of a Loreal deep conditoner and my usual Aussie 3MM. I pressed it in for a count of 250 then added a big glob of just 3MM to the ends and worked it in for another 100s. It seemed very smooth in the shower.

I lost a bit more hair than usual, but I think when I brush it later I'll lose less. It's swings and roundabouts with that kind of thing.

Does it take you a lot more conditioner than normal? My hair was quite dry after cassia followed by CO at my last wash,so that may have been it.

The only Polish I know is Polski Sklep. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head!
    Polski Sklep

I didn't use more conditioner than usually. Ok, maybe 3 teaspoons more for ends before I wrapped my head in a towel

Length
    APL/Knee/Knee
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henrietta View Post
    Polski Sklep

I didn't use more conditioner than usually. Ok, maybe 3 teaspoons more for ends before I wrapped my head in a towel
    I probably used twice as much as normal, but like I said my hair was drier than normal. I think it may have been me, not the method! I should be able to tell better when I wash it next, if this works now to put all that moisture back in!

Come to think of it, I probably know a lot of fruit names in Polish if prompted because I used to buy a lot of juices from the aforementioned skelp...
    Finally at knee, with a new quest for thick ends!
    📸 Hairstagram

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Jabłko? Pomarańcza? Cytryna? (it's an apple, an orange, a lemon ) Sounds familiar ?