Page 1 of 851 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Default Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I started a temporary one over on the Beauty Bottle but wanted to start another one over here. I NEED you people!

How's everyone doing? Will you be glad when warmer weather gets here or not (that is if you are in a cold weather region right now ) I will be very glad! My curls do much better in the summer!

I hate washing it in the winter. It's so cold as it's drying!

Check in WURLIES AND CURLIES!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Hullo!!! I'm QUITE curly indeed - I don't think I was on the old thread, but - I think I'm going to be so much more involved - it's so easy to join in on a thread when it's stilll short!

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Length
    pixie/bsl/bsl
    Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

I'm a new curly! That is...not that I'm new to being a curly, but new to being an LHC curly!

~~CurlyNinja~~3A/M/ii~~

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Welcome!!! You can ask questions to other curlies here or share frustration, whatever you want! We use to have a 2c/3a thread AND a 3b/3c thread but I thought it would be nice just to have all the curlies on one! I am in the middle and since I am starting the thread then I CAN lol!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    22/22/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    How's everyone doing? Will you be glad when warmer weather gets here or not (that is if you are in a cold weather region right now ) I will be very glad! My curls do much better in the summer!
    I hate washing it in the winter. It's so cold as it's drying!

Ooh yes, I can't wait for summer either. I've just always been a warm weather kinda girl. I know sun is bad for hair and skin, but I swear it makes my hair better. Plus, I hate washing in the winter too, especially because it takes my hair about 5 hours to dry!

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

A wurly girl here!!! I'm glad to see this thread has been started.

Leni

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    Ooh yes, I can't wait for summer either. I've just always been a warm weather kinda girl. I know sun is bad for hair and skin, but I swear it makes my hair better. Plus, I hate washing in the winter too, especially because it takes my hair about 5 hours to dry!

Oh me too!!! I can't WAIT for summer! I live in the Southern US, and it gets humid here, and my hair simply ADORES the moisture in the air. And, I'm REALLY looking forward to my summer growth spurt this year, too.
    Besides, I just generally love warm weather!

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Type
    3b/F/iii

I am glad that we are supposed to have nice spring weather this week. I can do without the extreme heat & humidity though.

Our weather has been so weird around here of late, warm & sunny one day and cold & snowy the next. See my siggie pic? Notice the short sleeve T-shirt at sunset? It snowed the next day! I just want some sunshine!

Lady Myhriss of Beauty Afire

Length
    17/29ish/40dry
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Curly girl checking in! I've got the 3b/c thing going. A bit of 3a in there too I think. My hair's insane. It's doing well enough though. Currently refusing to stay in a chinese bun but I'll redo it soon's we're out of queue here and I have time to take off my headset before my phone starts ringing again.

Been experimenting with glycerin mixed with my aloe gel and oil that I normally use to keep the frizzies down and the whispies tucked away. Holy cow. My hair seems to love it. Made it through ten hours of "put headset on, take headset off, put hood on, take hood off, put headset on, repeat" and the whispies were still firmly in place, no frizz, and my curls (yay ponytail!) were still quite nice despite my playing with them all night. Haha.

Otherwise, I'm still figuring out the routine (fiddling with the conditioner part. I need it and can't seem to find something good for me that my hair and scalp agree on) and making small adjustments constantly. Don't see my curls much, but I know they're there.

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Hey everyone! I'm glad to see that there's a Curly/Wurly thread going being restarted!

I've been slightly irrated with my hair since I haven't actually done anything with it for the past few weeks and it seems to be at a growth stall, but I can't complain about the weather (it's been between 60-80 degrees here all winter).

I've been noticing an overall decrease in volume lately and I can't decide if I like it or not- before my hair was too big and now I just don't know.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic