Page 128 of 851 FirstFirst ... 2878118126127128129130138178228628 ... LastLast
Results 1,271 to 1,280 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
    Am I the only curly that uses no conditioner and no leave in and doesn't add anything to the hair? All I use is shampoo, which gets very well rinsed out. Sometimes I spray on some apple cider vinegar at the end and then rinse that out well too. (It makes it shinier.) I get maximum curl from just combing my hair while wet with a part down the middle, then just flipping my head upside down and shaking so the wisps get loosened from sticking to each other.

Someone said we curlies can't get a neat and professional look, but I can. After it is dry, I can roll both sides and clip them in the back, then pull the rest up on top of where I clipped it and arrange it into a bun of curls. I'll try to get a pic soon.
    I would love it if I didn't have to add MANY products to take care of my curls. You're very lucky if that is all you have to do; if I don't add anything, I get frizzy/puffy hair without any definition.

I'd love to see the hair style you mentioned; it sounds very pretty.

When I went to click on the 'public profile' to see if you had pics loaded, it says I don't have authority to do that ... Is it based on the amount of time I've on the forum ??

If I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate if someone could fill me in !! TIA

Length
    ???/31wst/35tb
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Yeah, you can't see them until a mod approves you for the next level of membership. They usually do that at around 25 posts, I believe.

Length
    TWA/-APL/WL
    Type
    4a/4b/F/ii/iii

Hi!

Checking in ~ type 4 mostly - tight curly.

I haven't straightened in a long time so I suppose I'm going for big hair than long hair. My current hair inspiration is jazz musician Esperanza Spalding.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Checking in!
    And of course I have many questions for you, curlies. For those of you who wear your hair down, how often do you wash it? I am trying to work out a routine for myself that would also maximize a curl tightness.
    Pre CG and LHC I used to wash my hair about once a week and wear it down for a couple of days (loose, half up or pony tail) and then comb it with some oil and wear it braided or in updos for the rest of the week. I've never been a fan of product in the hair. After learning about CG I've used jojoba oil as a leave in for a while. While it helped preventing tangles and gave more definition than if I used nothing, I feel there can be more definition with other products.
    I haven't figured out yet how to properly use gel. I think I don't apply enough when I do, but then again any more and I would have to srunch again when it's dry (and I'm not that patient) and it would be impossible to comb through and braid.
    In other words, what should I try for curling cream? I'm cone-free and would like something more natural. And I prefer not to use honey-based products. Please advise, I'm all ears!

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post
    Am I the only curly that uses no conditioner and no leave in and doesn't add anything to the hair? All I use is shampoo, which gets very well rinsed out. Sometimes I spray on some apple cider vinegar at the end and then rinse that out well too. (It makes it shinier.) I get maximum curl from just combing my hair while wet with a part down the middle, then just flipping my head upside down and shaking so the wisps get loosened from sticking to each other.

Someone said we curlies can't get a neat and professional look, but I can. After it is dry, I can roll both sides and clip them in the back, then pull the rest up on top of where I clipped it and arrange it into a bun of curls. I'll try to get a pic soon.
    I use a lot of product, but I am really a wurly, not a curly. I know a lot of people with tighter curl formation who don't have to use product.. maybe it will even be possible for me someday if I have perfectly healthy hair.

BTW I took my hairtyping photos last night and my hair didn't turn into a poofball! I guess it's 'healing'. I'll post them soon.

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Oh, and I'm mostly 3a with spiral curls.

Length
    18"/32/Floor
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Im starting to get sad over my hair not being so wurly and curly anymore. It seems since I am gaining length, I am loosing my wurly and curly and don't want to. I don't know how to get it back. My thickness is lost as well and really am frustrated/sad over that too.

Thinking about going back to using JessiCurl products to see if I can bring life back to my curls. I would love to be able to keep my corky curls.

Length
    20"/42"/term
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post
    Im starting to get sad over my hair not being so wurly and curly anymore. It seems since I am gaining length, I am loosing my wurly and curly and don't want to. I don't know how to get it back. My thickness is lost as well and really am frustrated/sad over that too.

Thinking about going back to using JessiCurl products to see if I can bring life back to my curls. I would love to be able to keep my corky curls.
    It has been said that Kimberlily's defrizz spray helps get a little curl into the hair, or helps define them a bit.
    ~Ny
    Lady Nynaeve of the Sword in the Order of the Longhaired Knights

Inflammatory Breast Cancer - No Lumps, Not detected by mammograms.
    http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ad.php?t=63326

"Some women don't want the land, or gold. Just the man..." ~Nynaeve
    "For in the plot we find more than just a man, we find the idea of that man, the spirit of that man, and that is what we must never forget." Evey (V)

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Nocturnal View Post
    Checking in!
    And of course I have many questions for you, curlies. For those of you who wear your hair down, how often do you wash it? I am trying to work out a routine for myself that would also maximize a curl tightness.
    Pre CG and LHC I used to wash my hair about once a week and wear it down for a couple of days (loose, half up or pony tail) and then comb it with some oil and wear it braided or in updos for the rest of the week. I've never been a fan of product in the hair. After learning about CG I've used jojoba oil as a leave in for a while. While it helped preventing tangles and gave more definition than if I used nothing, I feel there can be more definition with other products.
    I haven't figured out yet how to properly use gel. I think I don't apply enough when I do, but then again any more and I would have to srunch again when it's dry (and I'm not that patient) and it would be impossible to comb through and braid.
    In other words, what should I try for curling cream? I'm cone-free and would like something more natural. And I prefer not to use honey-based products. Please advise, I'm all ears!
    I usually wear down on the first day only. Then pony or something for second day, then wash.

I don't see way you couldn't comb and braid later in the week if you have used gel on the first day. I don't have any problem combing with gel in my hair (It doesn't look pretty but I guess that is not an issue when you are planning on braids). Have you tried gel many times or just once-twice? I don't have any other ideas for gel cremes since my hair respond well to gel. I haven't tried many other things.

Do you use any conditioner as a leave-in? That might also help. You could use a regular conditioner for that.

Have you found curltalk over at nc.com? They discuss curl products at great length.
    Last edited by Forest; March 31st, 2009 at 07:54 AM. Reason: typo

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by aries View Post

Some gel or lighter stuff make work. Jessicurl has a lighter line, so you might really want to look into that.

Overuse of product can stretch out curls, which is sometimes the desired result, sometimes not.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)