Page 92 of 851 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102142192592 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Account Closed by Member Request
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aries_jb View Post
    I just counted last night and I have 13 conditioners to work with. It's an addiction I know, but one problem at a time .
    I know how that feels. Don't worry, you're amongst friends here And most of them are enablers!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

LOVE the new pics girlcat!!! Your hair seems to be better every day! It is amazing!!!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm I've seen this but don't really like their shampoos or conditioners. What does the gel do besides shine?
    Provides excellent hold; dries very crunchy, but once I scrunch it I have soft, shiny, moisturized curls that last a couple days. It also eliminates frizz for me; I get overnight frizz when my hair is dry, when I have build-up, and of course when it is humid so I am always looking for ways to prevent it..

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by rhubarbarin View Post
    Provides excellent hold; dries very crunchy, but once I scrunch it I have soft, shiny, moisturized curls that last a couple days. It also eliminates frizz for me; I get overnight frizz when my hair is dry, when I have build-up, and of course when it is humid so I am always looking for ways to prevent it..

Is it similar to Biolage rock hard gelee? Or have you tried that?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Red face Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Aries jb----If you use a seamless comb you are much better off. I do comb my hair in the shower, but I use a seamless comb. It has made a world of difference. I don't think wetting your hair everyday should cause a problem. I would wet my hair everyday if I had time to let it dry.
    Are you cone-free? Cones were doing the most damage to my hair.
    I also sleep on a silk pillowcase.
    I use baking soda rinses, but I think the majority of LHCer's don't like baking soda. It seems to get all the gunk off my hair so that when I do condition it, the conditioner acatually gets into the hair.
    Lately I have been using pure shea butter on my ends when they are dry and it seems to be helping the curl pattern.
    I definitely use a seamless comb, and I think that and putting my hair up more cause me to gain what I did in circumference. I've been avoiding cones for about two years now, but I do occasionally use water soluble cones or cones that can be removed with a sulfate free shampoo. My hair comes pretty clean with my CV bars and sulfate free shampoos, but I may give the baking soda rinse a try.

Shea butter is definitely on my list to try! I've been trying to track it down locally, but my health food store doesn't seem to carry it anymore, so I'm going to try a few herb shops. I've heard such good things about it and I'm eager to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by pariate View Post
    I know how that feels. Don't worry, you're amongst friends here And most of them are enablers!
    You're telling me! Because of this site I've bought:

Buffs
    Flexi-8s
    hairsticks and forks
    seamless combs
    coconut oil
    cocoa butter
    Lavender EO

I'm sure the list could go on, but I'd just embarrass myself

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hi everyone! Dragging this thread out! How's everyone?

I am happy lately with my hair pretty much lately. Not doing much to it, using Aveda shampoo and Dove conditioner mostly and then various kinds of curl enhancers and gels. I leave it down a lot and am enjoying it with the cooler weather.

i'm also back to my baking soda an rhassoul clay wash alternately and no poo and think my shedding is much much less. no poo for me! but i've started keeping it up all the time since last month or so--not sure why, but i just feel i'm happier with it out of my way. i've also resolved now to go on a minimum hair product plan. just one conditioner in the shower at a time (TJ nourish now) and one leave-in (BWC). to my delight , my hair isn't a bit different from when i had a bunch of them in the shower. for me, it turns out most of that past indulging in consumerism did not matter to my hair a bit. it feels very liberating!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Smile Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Right now I am working on using the products I have and not buying anything new. I am also trying to not change routines and products between every wash. Right now I am back to CO-washes for a while, without any gel or curl enhancer, just to remember what my hair looks like au naturell.

Cheers!

Oh I'm glad to see this thread back! I've been wanting to tell someone about what I've been doing, but haven't found the right place to do so yet!

I recently bought a pound of unrefined shea butter...and I don't like the smell. So I've been experimenting with infusing it with different herbs. I now have pretty little pots of rosemary, lemon, peppermint, and lavendar scent shea butters! I've also been liking the way it makes my hair feel, though I'm still not sure if I like it better than coconut oil. I'm also trying the lavendar shea on my face. *Fingers crossed that I don't break out*

On another note, my hair is noticably longer! I'm about two inches away from BSL. I don't really know if it's because it has actually grown or because the curl relaxes as it grows out, but either way, I'm psyched!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

You can always bump this thread up by doing a search with the title wurly/curly