Page 169 of 851 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269669 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Grandmas have more fun JKRBeloved's Avatar
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by darkwaves View Post
    ...for me, shaking releases the natural curl pattern a little, so the hair falls into strands differently.
    Oh, Darkwaves, that's interesting. I'll have to check that out with my hair.

Shine like stars in the universe. Philippians 2:15

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Xandergrammy View Post
    Yes, you do belong here, nowxisxforever! Your hair is very similar to my hair!
    Yaaaaay!

You'll never get rid of me now!
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nowxisxforever View Post
    Yaaaaay!

You'll never get rid of me now!

Now it's my turn-

Yaaaaay!!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

ok, so i've started CO again and am drying with a micro fiber towel. I have been co for about 5 days now and using aloe vera gel on my hair to promote curls. i'm finding that as the days go on my curls are getting a little more defined.

i need help on keeping them looking good throughout the day though. I washed yesterday (CO) and combined aloe vera with coconut oil and it looked really pretty. Today i just rinsed with water and cond. on my length. and combined the oil and aloe vera again. It looked good again today, but curls are crunchier today. And they've completely frizzed up. Still definition, but frizzy. So i tried to refresh them by combing them out a little with a very wide tooth come and putting some coconut oil and re scrunching. But it didn't really work. Curls still defined, but still frizzy and crunchy and now a little too oily, not soft.

what do you do middle of a hot day when your hair needs refreshing.

I've also been trying to not wear my hair in a rubber band (ouchless) because for a while there my hair was looking funky down after always being up.

Length
    17.5/17.5/27.5
    Type
    2c/M/iii

oh and one more question. My hair is layered. the longest layer is in the back and is apl, my shortest layers are all over at about neck right about collar bone and my growing out bangs are chin length. Now right now all my hair in the back easily curls, but the hair around my face is more wavy than curly. Am i don't something wrong? Is it because my hair is usually worn back so it's been trained to be straight? Or do you think once those get longer they'll curl better?

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

As far as the CO thing, it could be a few things. Aloe vera makes my hair fuzz up, and beyond that, isn't strong enough to hold a curl for me. However, that's just my hair.

A good thing to ask is whether you were using cones before CO and/or are using them now. Build-up causes frizz, and for me, a sort of plasticky coating. There'll be some frizz, but the curl will still be rather defined, but the crunch is still there. Even if you didn't use cones before, clarifying might be a good first step.

It could also be that your hair might need more moisture than CO provides, but that's iffy, because CO provides a lot of moisture.

And as to the layering, you might have a hairtype that doesn't curl until it gets longer, thus some of the layers may be too short. I know there are members here that have wavy hair until they hit like, APL, and then BAM, they're a 2c. Also, it could be that due to the layers your bangs are actually longer relative to the other parts of your hair, but again, that's unlikely. What I mean by that is that hair grows on different levels of the scalp, so your 'longest' layer, i.e., the one that reaches APL, could technically be shorter than another one, but looks the longest because of the area it's in. It's one reason why I laugh at 'one length hair' as a term, because that is still in 'layers'.

But again, iffy. I doubt that your chin-length bangs are that long in comparison. xD

Okay, my turn to ask a question. I have to decide betweeen ordering more GVP (works great, but has parabens--and is cheap), Aubrey Organics (again, works great, won't make me worry about using it as a leave-in, and can be diluted to great effect), or Giovanni (I want to give their 50:50 a shot).

I'm not ordering them all. xD Help?
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    As far as the CO thing, it could be a few things. Aloe vera makes my hair fuzz up, and beyond that, isn't strong enough to hold a curl for me. However, that's just my hair.

A good thing to ask is whether you were using cones before CO and/or are using them now. Build-up causes frizz, and for me, a sort of plasticky coating. There'll be some frizz, but the curl will still be rather defined, but the crunch is still there. Even if you didn't use cones before, clarifying might be a good first step.

It could also be that your hair might need more moisture than CO provides, but that's iffy, because CO provides a lot of moisture.

And as to the layering, you might have a hairtype that doesn't curl until it gets longer, thus some of the layers may be too short. I know there are members here that have wavy hair until they hit like, APL, and then BAM, they're a 2c. Also, it could be that due to the layers your bangs are actually longer relative to the other parts of your hair, but again, that's unlikely. What I mean by that is that hair grows on different levels of the scalp, so your 'longest' layer, i.e., the one that reaches APL, could technically be shorter than another one, but looks the longest because of the area it's in. It's one reason why I laugh at 'one length hair' as a term, because that is still in 'layers'.

But again, iffy. I doubt that your chin-length bangs are that long in comparison. xD

Okay, my turn to ask a question. I have to decide betweeen ordering more GVP (works great, but has parabens--and is cheap), Aubrey Organics (again, works great, won't make me worry about using it as a leave-in, and can be diluted to great effect), or Giovanni (I want to give their 50:50 a shot).

I'm not ordering them all. xD Help?
    Since you haven't tried the Giovanni yet, I'd go with that, just in case it's a "miracle product" on your hair.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

But I know the other two already ARE! XD; And I tried Giovanni before, but it was Straight as Silk...and I have protein issues. I meant to order the 50:50.

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    But I know the other two already ARE! XD; And I tried Giovanni before, but it was Straight as Silk...and I have protein issues. I meant to order the 50:50.
    Idunno, I'd still try it.

For the record, I had good luck with this Sonoma Soap Company or something conditioner .. and you know conditioner doesn't like me. It also smelled pretty good.

Edit: Also, query: Does anyone have a suggestion of a very cleansing conditioner for someone who only washes 2-3 times a week and for whom normal CO just doesn't work? I want to try CO but my scalp just hates it.

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Wow. o-o That's awesome.

I may hold off and decide on friday when I get paid.