Page 117 of 851 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127167217617 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    25,6/29,7/32
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Rohele: It sounds a bit like you have the same kind of hair as me. I did CO for a while with burts bees super shiny conditioner (without cones) and it worked fairly well, at least a lot better that shampoo - condish. I still felt that the hair was a little bit too dry. Now I am experimenting with soap (like poo bars but more accessible to me) and ACV rinces. Now a little bit of jojoba oil on the ends when wet is enough. I think that some more experimenting is the way to go for you, there is no way to know what will work until you try. I also know that some people find that they need two condishoners for CO, a light cleaning one and a heavy moisturising one. On the economy side, the cleaning condishoner can be dirt cheap, and you can use the moisturising one as ordinary condishioner thus using less.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbluesky View Post
    This is might be random, but does anyone else feel irked when doing searches for curly or wavy hairstyles and fake celebrity hair pops up? Even on YouTube, those girls "fake curl" their hair before styling. There are few pictures of updos with natural curls. Natural curls do not look like the ones from curling irons or rollers! This drives me nuts!!! I have wavy hair that gets curlier with product and looser with buns. The few time I have had my hair done professionally, they CURLED my hair and then styled it....Anyone else feel my angst?
    Yes, this has always irked me!

A few months ago I was on a talk show in Hollywood. When I got to the studio at 6AM for hair and make up, the production assistant looked at me horrified and said, "You're hair is curly!"
    I said, "Yes."
    She said, "We usually specify that people show up with straight hair."
    I said "My hair doesn't go straight."
    She said, "Do they know about this?"

Bwahahaha!

Well there was quite a to-do. They ended up recurling my hair with a curling iron, then(horrors!) teasing it. She reached for the can of spray, but I told her hairspray gives me migraines(true). She didn't like that, but settled for spraying the hairspray into her hands and then smoothing them over my frizz, er, hair..
    Well, that's what I ended up with after all that---frizz!
    Should have left well enough alone!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    ???/31wst/35tb
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Don't know if I posted this already...

A few years ago I was at a trade show in NYC. One of the booths was for a company that sells human hair. I looked at the samples they had laying on the table, and commented that there wasn't anything curly. They said that yes they have one, and dug it out, and it was just a 2a! I said "that's not curly!" They said hair like mine was very rare. They don't usually get any like that.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Rare I suppose because our type of hair rarely grows long. Conventional products increase the chances of our hair breaking before it grows long enough to be cut for use as extensions.
    Just a thought.
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    25/35/41

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Yes, this has always irked me!

A few months ago I was on a talk show in Hollywood. When I got to the studio at 6AM for hair and make up, the production assistant looked at me horrified and said, "You're hair is curly!"
    I said, "Yes."
    She said, "We usually specify that people show up with straight hair."
    I said "My hair doesn't go straight."
    She said, "Do they know about this?"

Bwahahaha!

Well there was quite a to-do. They ended up recurling my hair with a curling iron, then(horrors!) teasing it. She reached for the can of spray, but I told her hairspray gives me migraines(true). She didn't like that, but settled for spraying the hairspray into her hands and then smoothing them over my frizz, er, hair..
    Well, that's what I ended up with after all that---frizz!
    Should have left well enough alone!
    That would have made me : I would never let a hairdresser or any 'stylist' touch my hair. I always style it myself. They have no idea. Shakira styles her own hair and make up. I'm not surprised - http://www.elle.com/Entertainment/Co...ime-of-Shakira I was buying some doors the other day and a salesperson commented on how you never women with naturally curly hair these days. I don't know if most men know the difference between GHD curls or natural curls but this man certainly did and he was complimenting me on my natural curls. On one hand, it is a shame that you don't see many girls with long natural curls but on the other hand, I love being unique!

Length
    25/35/41

On another note, I tested cassia last night on my hair. I wanted to use it for the conditioning and strengthening aspects only. My hair type is prone to breakage so I wanted to use something to improve the ends of the hair.

I did two mixes;
    • amla/cassia/water
    • cassia and water

I loved it! It was so easy to mix up, easy to apply and easy to rinse out. I only left it on for an hour. The amla/cassia/water mix made my curls look thick and luscious. I am definitely a convert!

I've written more about it here.

Length
    14shr/32hip/39cls
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/ii/iii

sweetbluesky, I feel your pain! I want to try new styles to put my curly hair in, but whenever I do searches all that comes up with are fake curly hair 'styles'. Most of 'em are straight hair that's been styled with curling irons, or they are weaves!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Isblå View Post
    I think that some more experimenting is the way to go for you, there is no way to know what will work until you try.
    Yes I think you're right...

On the plus side, I tried washing this evening and completely air drying and it seems to be coming out a lot less fuzzy. The new styling cream I tried seems to be working quite well (AG recoil), at least in defining the curls.

Length
    chin/APL/waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by sweetbluesky View Post
    This is might be random, but does anyone else feel irked when doing searches for curly or wavy hairstyles and fake celebrity hair pops up? Even on YouTube, those girls "fake curl" their hair before styling. There are few pictures of updos with natural curls. Natural curls do not look like the ones from curling irons or rollers! This drives me nuts!!! I have wavy hair that gets curlier with product and looser with buns. The few time I have had my hair done professionally, they CURLED my hair and then styled it....Anyone else feel my angst?
    Yes its drives me nuts. Especially the directions which advise straitening your wavy hair, and then adding waves back in with a curling iron.

Length
    shldr/shldr/?
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Rohele View Post
    Yes its drives me nuts. Especially the directions which advise straitening your wavy hair, and then adding waves back in with a curling iron.
    That's so ridiculous. Some people are so weird. Just reading about that makes me because of the damage!

I wanted to ask something else: does anyone know any good styles to hide triangle head? I've been wearing my hair in a boring cinnabun almost every day because of the triangle head.
    Half up doesn't help because I still get a wannabe triangle - the bottom half hair sticks kind of outwards, too. *sigh*

I should try doing a french braid, but at the moment I don't have much time to experiment and I'm not very talented with updos.