Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
I've never seen any medical reason for CO-washing causing shedding. Unless you're using a conditioner you're allergic to or something with a depilatory agent in it, there is nothing that should cause shedding other than what one would normally get.

I think what is more common is that people tend to actually rub their scalp more with conditioner than they do with shampoo, so more hair that would normally have been shed throughout the course of a normal day ends up getting shed in the shower. Similar to what happens to people who use the "Curly Girl" method -- without brushes/combs/fingers being run through their hair several times a day, the hairs that get shed normally are "stuck" in the curls until the next shower.

If you read around on the internet long enough, you'll find people who had shedding "caused" by every brand of shampoo, conditioner, serum, hair spray, gel, mousse, DT, hard water, soft water, towels, brushes, combs, ACV rinses, WO-washing, CO-washing, sebum-only method, etc.

I've been dealing with my hair for 40+ years, and the best condition it's ever been in is the condition it's in right now as a result of CO-washing, no silicones, and only using gentle detangling methods (TT or wide comb with conditioner). I hope you find something that works for you.

Thank youm i hope i find something that works too. I might try CO washing after all but i don't think my hair likes Vo5, do you know of any other cone free conditioners (maybe Suave, but isn't it just the same thing) i could use for CO washig? You are right about the "there is a horrible review for everything", i just get so worried and parinoid about something going so wrong. I am open to anything, and have considered the curly girl method, but i have yet to find the right products to use. I will keep looking of this thread for ways to try and fix my hair, again thank you for the tips. Your hair is absolutly stunning, by the way, it must really love you and your current routiune, i wish my hair was that happy with me