Page 217 of 851 FirstFirst ... 117167207215216217218219227267317717 ... LastLast
Results 2,161 to 2,170 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Flynn View Post
    Guess why I hang out here, too. >_o

My hair is spirals. If I pick out one hair, it makes a spiral. It is too long and loose, though, to actually be a curl.

This forum is giving me the strong impression that there are at least two different types of wavies: 2-D and 3-D ones. Some people seem to have hair that just makes S's. Some of us, it makes a spiral, but, like with myself, it just seems to be too long and loose to actually curl up. Yeah, there are a few people on that thread who I think classify a long way below what they really are. but I also think there are plenty of what you can only call wavies or wavy/wurlies whose hair twists up and clumps together.

This ain't never going to make proper curls, just for example, but today I have some great piecey, messy wurls happening!
    It could be that if your hair were shorter, it'd probably form spirals. Or tighter ones, anyway. Unless you have the hair that's like, straight until around shoulder and then flips out like crazy. xD;

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    I like your new avatar, BTW! Did you draw that?
    Yep. Thank you.
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Mad SCIENTIST!
    Length
    1/26.5/35
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    It could be that if your hair were shorter, it'd probably form spirals. Or tighter ones, anyway. Unless you have the hair that's like, straight until around shoulder and then flips out like crazy. xD;
    It doesn't. : ( I get about the same sort of wave irrespective of length. (I'm an ex-pixie... probably still would be if it didn't get so expensive. it suited me.) The wave period is long enough that it looks straight-ish (straight-ish with volume...?) when it's short, but then it behaves basically just like that. The end-wurls were better at sort of shoulder-blade length, but I suspect that was the hemline doing that, as they vanished when it got trimmed, never to return.

I grew from a really short pixie, and, partly because it's also good for my skin, and partly because I can't be bothered with too much nonsense, I've always been good to my hair.
    Last edited by Flynn; August 21st, 2009 at 05:14 PM.

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by IStand4u View Post
    My routine is mostly wash my scalp with shampoo and go with a conditioner on all my hair then a leave in conditioner after... I don't EVER brush or comb my hair when it's dry, it get's all poofy if I do, and I finger comb or use my one brush to help untangle my hair... any suggestions?
    Welcome! Your hair type looks fairly similar to mine -- once you can post pictures, we can compare... (Or you can check my album -- I'll add you.)

If I want to wear my hair loose and curly, I usually wash it the night before, sleep with it wet, and cope the next day with whatever bizarre curl patterns have erupted. (I don't do that much in winter, though... Too cold! If you go back a few pages, you'll see my rant about needing to wear my hair up in winter... You will understand! )

If I want second day curls -- which most of us are seeking -- I leave my hair unbrushed and uncombed, and dampen it slightly. Either use a spray bottle, or the mist from the shower or cup water in your hands and apply. Re-scrunch, and let it go. This works best for me if I put gel on after washing... (Mine's pretty wild at this point, though. I don't do this for work!)

If you're just using a leave in conditioner, you might try experimenting with gel on top of that... Or, a few pages back, there's a link to a blog (tightly curly) that suggests leaving amazing amounts of regular conditioner in, instead.

If I've used gel or other product to lock the curls after washing, I never touch it with a comb or brush until it's wet with conditioner. If I try, I break hairs and create too much poof.

And I wear mine up a lot. Again, this is somewhat weather related. I also braid it -- not a French braid, but a simple three-part braid, which doesn't seem to require detangling first for me.

Ask lots of questions -- you'll get lots of (different?) answers! No one's hair here is exactly the same.

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

What a mess! Last night, I tried the super-soaker method rcc pointed us to at nc... Lesson learned: My hair does not want to be repeatedly brushed while wet, with different base and other coats of product!

It handles the regular conditioner just fine -- with the Denman, too... But then I made the mistake of trying to brush in AG:recoil... Yikes! If my hair was eight inches shorter, I could have made this work... At below hip, not a hope. Tangle city. (And recoil is not a combing conditioner... not for me, anyway.)

Soaking my hair made it a mess, too... It's too long for the sink, and too long for the tap in the bathtub, so that left the shower. Anyway, everything foamed up, and this morning, my hair is half straight/half tight curls. Too weird for me!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curls2grow View Post
    I don't use a Denman, although I'm intriqued reading about everyone's results. I think I get great product distribution and clumping/curls by finger combing/raking product in and then using my wide-tooth comb.
    Quote Originally Posted by darkwaves View Post
    What a mess! Last night, I tried the super-soaker method rcc pointed us to at nc... Lesson learned: My hair does not want to be repeatedly brushed while wet, with different base and other coats of product!

It handles the regular conditioner just fine -- with the Denman, too... But then I made the mistake of trying to brush in AG:recoil... Yikes! If my hair was eight inches shorter, I could have made this work... At below hip, not a hope. Tangle city. (And recoil is not a combing conditioner... not for me, anyway.)

Soaking my hair made it a mess, too... It's too long for the sink, and too long for the tap in the bathtub, so that left the shower. Anyway, everything foamed up, and this morning, my hair is half straight/half tight curls. Too weird for me!
    That's funny DW, I used the AG re:coil over the conditioner and it was fine brushing out with the Denman. BUT mine is only waist when pulled straight and medium not fine. I wonder also if it could be the type of conditioner you put under it? Well, who knows. It's different for everyone for sure!

I have found a new style that I really love BTW! I just take all my hair and gather it up on the back crown of my head, smoothing a bit with my Denman if I need to, twist about 2 times loosely then clip on each side with 2 smallish claw clips. It doesn't pull on my scalp and my curls spill out and look kinda cute I think. I kept hearing curlies talk about this but never could get it to work with an elastic. I use the clear claws and the curls almost cover them anyway. Just wanted to share! It looks totally messy but I do not like smooth buns on me really so it's perfect! I get tired of wearing a plain braid so this will be nice for a change!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    18/short/48
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by darkwaves View Post
    Welcome! Your hair type looks fairly similar to mine -- once you can post pictures, we can compare... (Or you can check my album -- I'll add you.)

If I want to wear my hair loose and curly, I usually wash it the night before, sleep with it wet, and cope the next day with whatever bizarre curl patterns have erupted. (I don't do that much in winter, though... Too cold! If you go back a few pages, you'll see my rant about needing to wear my hair up in winter... You will understand! )

If I want second day curls -- which most of us are seeking -- I leave my hair unbrushed and uncombed, and dampen it slightly. Either use a spray bottle, or the mist from the shower or cup water in your hands and apply. Re-scrunch, and let it go. This works best for me if I put gel on after washing... (Mine's pretty wild at this point, though. I don't do this for work!)

If you're just using a leave in conditioner, you might try experimenting with gel on top of that... Or, a few pages back, there's a link to a blog (tightly curly) that suggests leaving amazing amounts of regular conditioner in, instead.

If I've used gel or other product to lock the curls after washing, I never touch it with a comb or brush until it's wet with conditioner. If I try, I break hairs and create too much poof.

And I wear mine up a lot. Again, this is somewhat weather related. I also braid it -- not a French braid, but a simple three-part braid, which doesn't seem to require detangling first for me.

Ask lots of questions -- you'll get lots of (different?) answers! No one's hair here is exactly the same.
    Thanks a bunch! I'm definitely going to try that!
    And yes I DEFINITELY know what you mean about keeping you're hair up for winter. I'm from Saskatchewan where you get really dry cold that dips to -60C with the wind-chill factor, or it will be humid and -20C on the calmest day! Not to mention it's almost 8 long months of winter! EEP!

Oh, does anyone have problems with their roots laying flat but their hair is really curly? Any suggestions to get your roots up without globbing on the product? Thanks!

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I have found a new style that I really love BTW!
    Pictures, please!

Length
    18+/39/???
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Oh, does anyone have problems with their roots laying flat but their hair is really curly? Any suggestions to get your roots up without globbing on the product? Thanks!
    You can try clipping the roots up with crossed bobby pins, or little claw clips.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I'm from Saskatchewan where you get really dry cold that dips to -60C with the wind-chill factor, or it will be humid and -20C on the calmest day! Not to mention it's almost 8 long months of winter! EEP!

That's typical 3a type hair unfortunately. However, I have learned to like it pretty much. Sometimes I will part it and then take a few strands and bring to the opposite side while it's still damp and then fluff it. I have done the clippy thing but I can't see that it helps that much. Maybe I'm not doing it right though. EEK and I couldn't stand that much winter!!! *cry*

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    18/18/40
    Type
    3b/M/ii

I finally have some extra cash, so I decided to order some KCCC, but it was sold out and not expected to be restocked until the 28th! After reading so many positive reviews in this thread I am DYING to try it.

Hopefully I can be good and save my money until then.
    Every day is Thursday.