Page 627 of 851 FirstFirst ... 127527577617625626627628629637677727 ... LastLast
Results 6,261 to 6,270 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    28 in/28 in/Term
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

What is "plopping"? I tried to search for it but didn't come up with anything. Thank you!
    Joliherb
    I'm a believer in Corinthins hair!

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    You know, I've never had a problem with sucking most of the water out of my hair with a quick towel turban and squeeze. It takes two seconds and leaves my towel sodden, but it works. The key is that my hair is left wet enought to curl naturally but not wet enough to make a big drippy mess.
    The problem I'm having these days (now that my ends are at hip) is that even a few minutes in the towel turban will still leave enough water in my hair for the ends to start dripping again a couple of minutes after I take the turban off. Can't seem to get enough out of the length (and most importantly, the scalp/nape area) without making the ends too dry to curl naturally.

It's all a learning curve...

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by joliherb View Post
    What is "plopping"? I tried to search for it but didn't come up with anything. Thank you!
    Plopping/plunking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSN_nTWDVAo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2qD38ZYX6A
    Last edited by curlsgalore; February 19th, 2012 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Added link

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    The problem I'm having these days (now that my ends are at hip) is that even a few minutes in the towel turban will still leave enough water in my hair for the ends to start dripping again a couple of minutes after I take the turban off. Can't seem to get enough out of the length (and most importantly, the scalp/nape area) without making the ends too dry to curl naturally.

You could try gentle scrunching? Maybe take your ends and scrunch them with the towel in your hand? This helps bring back some curl to my currently curless (from damage) hair. I also use curl mousse to set the curls in my hair, maybe try this? Finesse has acohol free mouse, so it will not be as damaging?
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

I have a question for curlies, my hair used to be curlier, but has gotten wavy because of all the damage i have subjected it to for years, it is really ticking me off. In my quest to get my hair back, i have been waashing much more frequently (went from every 2-4 days to every day) because i can no longer stand to look at my hair without trying the next day to get it to curl, basically i wash it one day and can deal with it being kinda wavy but then the next day i might do an SMT or a treatment ( i did 2 SMTs and a cassia treatment in 4 days after clarifying, it sounds like alot but it has helped, i have switched shampoos twice also in one week) then i wash it, i am trying to see what my hair needs and likes to be balanced so that maybe it will curl, it is an ongoing project that sometimes resutls in a good hair day here and there, although my main goal is learning to be consistent so my hair is consistent. I know somewhere on here i said i was trying Aussie shampoo for a week to see if it works, but it didn't work in 3 days so i got fed up and started using Finesse texture enhancing shampoo and like it alot better already, so if my hair doesn't decide to radically object to the bit of soy protein in this shampoo (which it very well might do), i might try it for a week. Okay, now for the question, can i wash my hair every day for now until i develop a routine? I know its dryign and all that and i plan to wash my hair less frequently once all this is fixed (if it ever will be), but for now, are daily washings ok?

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    Okay, now for the question, can i wash my hair every day for now until i develop a routine? I know its dryign and all that and i plan to wash my hair less frequently once all this is fixed (if it ever will be), but for now, are daily washings ok?
    Every wash is sucking more moisture out of your hair, which is sucking more curl out of your hair.

I highly recommend CO-washing and cutting out silicones. It's worked wonders for my curls.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    And it's great not to be dripping wet, but I'm not sure that it actually speeds the ultimate drying time all that much.
    No, I agree with you on that. Unless I sit in front of a fan, the total drying time is still pretty ridiculous. The only difference is whether I'm dripping during the process.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post

Well, all the water in your hair is going to make its way down the clumps to the ends. Usually, I just dab the ends with a hand towel when the water works it's way down. It doesn't disturb the curls and keeps me from having a wet back.

Thing is, I shower at night, so I can do this while watching TV or playing on the internet. Cant' imagine how to fix it if I were at work.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Every wash is sucking more moisture out of your hair, which is sucking more curl out of your hair.

I highly recommend CO-washing and cutting out silicones. It's worked wonders for my curls.

I try not to use silicones (because i heard they pulled wave out of hair), but the current shampoo i just used for the first time last night (finesse texture enchancing) has some in it. The shampoo gave some wave back and volume but i think the curls will take some time. I would CO wash but i use a ridiculous amount of mousse (it is the only product i use and the only thing that makes my hair kinda wavy now days) and am worried CO washing will not take this out. Also, i have heard many accounts of heavy shedding as a result of CO washing, if there is even the possibility of this, i wish to steer clear because i like my hair where it is, not down the drain. I would love to try CO washing, really i would (i am an adict when it comes to new stuff that might actually work for me) but i worry the risks of even trying it out weigh the benifits. It is quite a dilema really, but i think i am willing to give this finesse shampoo some time, a week or so, to see if i like it, i used vo5 as a conditioner and it seemed to make my hair too soft, nearly too soft to curl, has this ever happened to you? i know it is cone free, but it seems to make my hair even more slippery then when i used cones.

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

I've never seen any medical reason for CO-washing causing shedding. Unless you're using a conditioner you're allergic to or something with a depilatory agent in it, there is nothing that should cause shedding other than what one would normally get.

I think what is more common is that people tend to actually rub their scalp more with conditioner than they do with shampoo, so more hair that would normally have been shed throughout the course of a normal day ends up getting shed in the shower. Similar to what happens to people who use the "Curly Girl" method -- without brushes/combs/fingers being run through their hair several times a day, the hairs that get shed normally are "stuck" in the curls until the next shower.

If you read around on the internet long enough, you'll find people who had shedding "caused" by every brand of shampoo, conditioner, serum, hair spray, gel, mousse, DT, hard water, soft water, towels, brushes, combs, ACV rinses, WO-washing, CO-washing, sebum-only method, etc.

I've been dealing with my hair for 40+ years, and the best condition it's ever been in is the condition it's in right now as a result of CO-washing, no silicones, and only using gentle detangling methods (TT or wide comb with conditioner). I hope you find something that works for you.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro