Page 624 of 851 FirstFirst ... 124524574614622623624625626634674724 ... LastLast
Results 6,231 to 6,240 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    shldr/waist/hip
    Type
    3a/3b/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    If you twirl on wet hair, you get Shirley Temple style ringlets. Perfect coils. I don't like them because they look almost fake. But sometimes they are a nice accent.

I do believe it takes too long to do the entire head. I like to work with my hairs natural clumping, so I have to do ~50-75 of them. Plus, they oddly tangle worse than natural crazy curls. Go figure.
    Yes I usually just fingercurl the underside of my hair for more definition on the frizz prone bits. One time I did my whole head... the results were nice lol but time consuming. I never did it again.

Length
    HL/38TBL/CLSC?
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Yes, inquiring minds want to know!!!
    I'll third that.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by C.H. View Post
    I'll third that.
    Lol.

SUCCESS!

I did cheat a bit. My original plan was to do a co-wash, with some conditioner leave-in, like I do 99% of the time, but my worries of frizz and triangle head made me proceed with caution instead.

As I said in the Kinky 4 thread, I'm having a hard break-up with heavy serums because they are the easiest way to make my curls absolutely predictable. But they take forever to wash out and my hair just isn't as healthy in the long run.

SO, what I did:
    1. All week, I did heavy damp oilings with avocado oil at night before I slept.
    2. I wore my hair up all week to keep it as moisturized as possible (It's very dry in the winter here). All of this was to try to get in a deep treatment over the week instead of the insanity of a deep treatment the night before.
    3. Day of: Co-washed with VO5 Rosemary and Sage, and then with Aussie 3MM.
    4. Then the drying! I hung my hair off the edge of the bed, and let it dry close enough to a fan to help things go faster, but not close enough that the air caused hair insanity. Took nearly an HOUR. Ugh.
    5. Supermodel flip and go.

I had great hair. Shiny, with nice coils, but not the artificial look of heat or twisted coils. Hopefully, I get some proofs from the shoot soon and I'll share.

Funny thing? Half way through the shoot, they asked me to make my hair "BIG" and so I stuck my fingers in at the roots and pulled. It got big and unruly, and I LOVED it and was so much more comfortable. I realized that I don't really enjoy my hair 100% under control and love the drama of big, godzilla curls.

Anyway, ladies, thanks for the support. I'll certainly post piccies when I have them!

ETA:
    All this hoopla was part of an event to raise money for breast cancer research. Think Fireman's Calendar, but with women who work with, have survived or have a family history of breast cancer. Breast cancer runs in my mother's family and I am a scientist and doctor (in training) IRL. It was really important that I wear my hair curly and awesome for this, and then I requested that I be one of the models that wears wigs to show that women can still be gorgeous with hair pieces.

It was an incredible event that raised a lot of money, but I'm a SO happy I choose to do my own hair because most of the other models had nearly straight, type 1 hair. The stylist just threw a curling iron in it, hair sprayed them for longevity, and went on to the next model. I think there will only be pictures of natural healthy curls because of my nearly 2 hours of work, and I brought my best wig to show that even without your own hair, you can have a rockin' glamorous look!
    Last edited by CurlyCap; January 30th, 2012 at 07:33 AM.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Oh man, I can't wait to see the pics!

And yay you for going natural!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GRU View Post
    Oh man, I can't wait to see the pics!

And yay you for going natural!
    I agree!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    shldr/shldr/Waist
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    Lol.

SUCCESS!

I did cheat a bit. My original plan was to do a co-wash, with some conditioner leave-in, like I do 99% of the time, but my worries of frizz and triangle head made me proceed with caution instead.

As I said in the Kinky 4 thread, I'm having a hard break-up with heavy serums because they are the easiest way to make my curls absolutely predictable. But they take forever to wash out and my hair just isn't as healthy in the long run.

SO, what I did:
    1. All week, I did heavy damp oilings with avocado oil at night before I slept.
    2. I wore my hair up all week to keep it as moisturized as possible (It's very dry in the winter here). All of this was to try to get in a deep treatment over the week instead of the insanity of a deep treatment the night before.
    3. Day of: Co-washed with VO5 Rosemary and Sage, and then with Aussie 3MM.
    4. Then the drying! I hung my hair off the edge of the bed, and let it dry close enough to a fan to help things go faster, but not close enough that the air caused hair insanity. Took nearly an HOUR. Ugh.
    5. Supermodel flip and go.

I had great hair. Shiny, with nice coils, but not the artificial look of heat or twisted coils. Hopefully, I get some proofs from the shoot soon and I'll share.

Funny thing? Half way through the shoot, they asked me to make my hair "BIG" and so I stuck my fingers in at the roots and pulled. It got big and unruly, and I LOVED it and was so much more comfortable. I realized that I don't really enjoy my hair 100% under control and love the drama of big, godzilla curls.

Anyway, ladies, thanks for the support. I'll certainly post piccies when I have them!

ETA:
    All this hoopla was part of an event to raise money for breast cancer research. Think Fireman's Calendar, but with women who work with, have survived or have a family history of breast cancer. Breast cancer runs in my mother's family and I am a scientist and doctor (in training) IRL. It was really important that I wear my hair curly and awesome for this, and then I requested that I be one of the models that wears wigs to show that women can still be gorgeous with hair pieces.

It was an incredible event that raised a lot of money, but I'm a SO happy I choose to do my own hair because most of the other models had nearly straight, type 1 hair. The stylist just threw a curling iron in it, hair sprayed them for longevity, and went on to the next model. I think there will only be pictures of natural healthy curls because of my nearly 2 hours of work, and I brought my best wig to show that even without your own hair, you can have a rockin' glamorous look!
    LOL, LOL, I have no idea how did you hung your hair off, I want to see pics of you doing so , you are hilarious !

I have very damaged hair from hair extensions, permanent hair straightening and chemically dyes, just started to take care of my hair recently, Dec.2011

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by beachgirlla View Post
    LOL, LOL, I have no idea how did you hung your hair off, I want to see pics of you doing so , you are hilarious !
    Tis easy! And easier if you have longer hair. Just put the very nape of your hair on the edge of the mattress and let it hang over the edge, floating in air.

Or, for even bigger hair, rest your chin face down and let your hair flop over your face. I usually put a book or my laptop on the ground so I can read while it dries.

It's one of those crazy hair things, but it works.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

I had success with damp/wet bunning last night! :shock: Usually I don't, and I wasn't expecting to, but now that I have, I'll probably do it again.
    Yesterday I took a shower and needed my hair up, so like two minutes after I got out of the shower I twisted it up into a slightly messy cinnabun. This was about 5 pm-ish. I was worried about it drying weird or not drying at all, but I really wanted it out of the way so I left it. Finally this morning at 8 am, I took it down, and shook it out a little bit. Still damp, as expected. But.. not looking bad! It hadn't fused into a giant twist or done weird things with my curls! And the best part - it finished completely drying about ten minutes later, and looks good!
    Now, if I did this on purpose, maybe with some oil or aloe vera gel, this could lead to great things! I really hope this is one of those things that will work more than once.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Okay, and I know that my last post would be meaningless if I didn't post pictures..
    So, these are from the end of the day - about 5 pm - and obviously not looking perfect. Just the wet bunning mentioned, no leave in or anything.
    No flash.
    Flash and stretching to try and show how long it is now - pretty much fingertip length!
    Flash and close up.
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Account Closed by Member Request

Does anyone use the oil shampoo method with success? If so, would you mind sharing your routine? Thank you.