Page 613 of 851 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623663713 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Theobroma: Hip curly or stretched?

When my hair was longer, it was usually between waist and TBL stretched, around BSL curly. I would hang my hair upside down all the time for photos. It doesn't get tangled at all, but it might get BIG because each layer of curls is sitting on top of another perfectly rounded layer of curls. But I like this look, and at the time, my hair was layered. The volume would shrink a bit in about an hour as the curls settled into each other (the layers would mesh a bit instead of sitting on top of each other). It was THE BEST way to avoid the "flat on top" look for photos and get perfect ringlets in 360 degrees (my hair usually curls best around my face and in the back is...interesting).

My basic (and utterly lazy) technique was to saturate my length in serum (which I'm trying to get away from!) after a co-wash, and then I dried it by taking a nap on my belly in front of a fan with my hair hanging off the bed.

Key Point: When your hair is dry, just flip it back like you're a supermodel. Don't worry about fixing it or anything. Don't try to smooth or tame. Gravity will do the styling in about an hour...usually the time it took me to drive to wherever the photos were being took!

Here's what it looked like with longer hair. The middle photo was taken sooner after The Flip, and you can see the added volume (maybe, it's black hair on black). The first was a couple of hours after The Flip. Last pic is so you know the approximate length in these photos.

Last edited by CurlyCap; December 24th, 2011 at 10:50 AM.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    shldr/bsl+/:)
    Type
    2c/F/ii

@Curlycap --Your curls are beautiful! I wish mine were so well defined. My hair seems to be mish mash! as in, wavy on top, curly around face, ringlets at the back and bottom Oh, and frizzy

Merry Christmas
    Lady Laucamiluiel of the Silken Crown, in the order of
    The Long Haired Knights

Gregorian Enchantress Theobroma's Avatar
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

CurlyCap: Better call it hip stretched, though I'm nowhere near as curly as you are and the shrinkage isn't as dramatic as it might be. With my current airdrying methods I'm not getting much curl at all at the back of my head/neck, and I'm interested to try out other methods to see whether the cause is mechanical interference or whether my hair just isn't very curly at all back there. (I have corkscrews the diameter of a marker pen going on around my face.)

Thanks so much for the detailed description, and for the photos -- your hair is seriously thudworthy!

I have absolutely got to try this method the next time I wash, though I think I'll be cheating a bit. I don't have a fan, and in any case airdrying is a bit of a chilly exercise in the dead of winter, so I'll probably try holding my head upside down and (VERY GENTLY) blowdrying the back of my head at the lowest setting. The length usually dries fairly quickly, but my scalp takes hours if I don't speed things up.

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    And then what do you do to restyle it after you detangle it?
    My hair would be a huge puffy mess if I wore it curly and then detangled it dry at the end of the day...I would have to get it wet again to make it not-puffy...so I'm just trying to picture how this could work....it would certainly be useful if I could detangle and get my hair to look good again without getting it wet.

Oh once its detangled, (30 mins later lol) I take a brush (i know im bad!) and smooth out the back, sides and top. The detangling goes to waste because my hair just gets tangled in 10-15 mins after im done. I use mousse to calm my hair down (it defines and defrizzes). I basically apply (alot actually) it when its damp and finger comb it though (this is the ONLY time i can finger comb my hair because when dry, it is too thick) once my hair dries, i comb it again, then brush it. This cycle (minus the mousse) goes on whenever i find a tangle...oh and about the detangling, i take 1 inch sections, comb through to the ends and leave it there. I get soo lazy when detanglign and have a sudden urge to just rip the comb through...not good, i usually just try to forget i had that idea...You can always apply some product (mousse, cream or gel) to the outter layers of hair to resytle after detangling if your hair poofs. My hair is poofy, i just try to work with it, it usually never works with me though...
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    CurlyCap: Better call it hip stretched, though I'm nowhere near as curly as you are and the shrinkage isn't as dramatic as it might be. With my current airdrying methods I'm not getting much curl at all at the back of my head/neck, and I'm interested to try out other methods to see whether the cause is mechanical interference or whether my hair just isn't very curly at all back there. (I have corkscrews the diameter of a marker pen going on around my face.)

Thanks so much for the detailed description, and for the photos -- your hair is seriously thudworthy!

I have absolutely got to try this method the next time I wash, though I think I'll be cheating a bit. I don't have a fan, and in any case airdrying is a bit of a chilly exercise in the dead of winter, so I'll probably try holding my head upside down and (VERY GENTLY) blowdrying the back of my head at the lowest setting. The length usually dries fairly quickly, but my scalp takes hours if I don't speed things up.
    Hehe, airdrying in the winter is quite a task isnt it? It often helps to fluff wiht your fingers as you go because it circulates air better.

Length
    13"/39½"/47"
    Type
    3c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Theobroma View Post
    CurlyCap: Better call it hip stretched, though I'm nowhere near as curly as you are and the shrinkage isn't as dramatic as it might be. With my current airdrying methods I'm not getting much curl at all at the back of my head/neck, and I'm interested to try out other methods to see whether the cause is mechanical interference or whether my hair just isn't very curly at all back there. (I have corkscrews the diameter of a marker pen going on around my face.).
    Thats interesting. I have the same problem in the mid back section. It almost looks like two sidebangs and nothing in the middle Ah well, I think it just doesnt grow that well back there. I dont think It depends on sleeping, I dont often sleep on the back. Also have corkscrews around the face, but their diameter is wider than yours. They are somewhat narrower at the ends when the overall length of the hair increases. And when the damaged parts dont show these darn straight 3-inch escapee-ends of course

Length
    shldr/bsl+/:)
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I have found - that if my hair is stretched straight - I have a lovely - even blunt hem going on! When it springs back - it looks like 'gaps' appear - like my curls are all uneven. Such a pain in the 'back---'
    Lady Laucamiluiel of the Silken Crown, in the order of
    The Long Haired Knights

Length
    Pixie/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

CurlyCap, your hair is gorgeous. You look 1000% more beautiful with your natural curls than with your hair straightened. It's an amazing (and positive!) difference!
    Proud Member of the Renegray Gang
    Lady Arethusa of the Gossamer Garden in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by moon2dove View Post
    I have found - that if my hair is stretched straight - I have a lovely - even blunt hem going on! When it springs back - it looks like 'gaps' appear - like my curls are all uneven. Such a pain in the 'back---'

This happens to me too, when i comb my hair out, the hemline is nice and blunt but when it curls back up, gaps apear, it looks bad to me and i hate it!

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Curlycap, your hair is utterly beautiful and oh so perfect! I love it! How did you get it so straight with all those curls? It looks great both ways and is so beautiful, long and shiny.