Page 5 of 851 FirstFirst ... 345671555105505 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    12/22.5/34
    Type
    4a/4b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Mahars View Post
    It's so cool to see other curlies and wurlies like me. Just out of curiosity, I'd like to know what your number 1 best curly hair tip is. What's the one thing you can't live without?
    CONDITIONER!! lol, I can't do without conditioner, I use it for just about everything to de-tangle, moistuize, as a leave-in.

My hair love the Spring/Summer months too and I can't wait to co-wash everyday and just wear my hair loose.

Length
    BSL/BSL/Class
    Type
    3a/3b/F/iii

Default Checking in

I'm a curly - 3a/b. My hair gets wavier the longer it gets, though. When I don't use gel, I lose a lot of curl on day 2 and 3 after washing. I'll post a photo here at LHC soon.
    RedButterfly
    Lady Melete of the Heart Hearkened Tales in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    24"/42"/50"
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Wurly/Curly checking in

Count me in! I'm still trying to figure out this curly care business...my hair is a bit of a mess. I need to find what works, but most days don't have the patience for experimenting

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    2c/M/ii

I use some sort of leave in either gel or cream. I think that the Body Shop's brasil nut curl cream is one of the best products I've found so far (I try not to use products that could or have been tested on animals). I lose all curl on day 2 if I don't use something.

Length
    10/15/...
    Type
    3b/M/ii

Hey Curlies! So glad to have LHC back! Gonna do some reading to get myself reacquainted again.

Have a good curly day!

Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I'm a wurly...but sometimes I think my hair is faking it.

After I wet my hair (wash, wet, doesn't matter) and let it air dry (works better plopped) my curls show through. The weight tends to pull them into S-shaped braid waves until the bottom few inches, where the curl shows...and I love it. I feel so graceful and beautiful.

Then I braid or bun it, and all shape vanishes! Instantly my hair is flat and nearly straight. It won't perk up again without some moisture.

I'm always trying to figure out a good routine, to get that (close) to perfect hair....
    Perfect hair being curly, soft, and thick (and long too of course!)
    I've tried CO
    I've tried oiling (makes my hair crunchy)
    I've tried cones and without cones (perfer without)

Everything seems to make my hair go flat and eliminates those oh so delicate curls...

Suggestions?
    (I might also add I'm looking for something new because my scalp has started to oil up faster than it used to and I'm getting something that looks suspiciously like acne on my scalp, except it doesn't hurt, and I can just sorta scratch if off.....TMI I know)

I use Suave Aloe and Waterlily (love the smell!) for shampoo and condish. No other steps.

Ocassionally I'll SMT.

help?
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/Velvet_Cat/Hair/solstice002.jpg

Lady Velvyte of the Blackynd Rose in the Order of the Long haired Knights.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Hey Velvetcat! Could it be the conditioner? I found Suave of most kinds just didn't do well on my hair for some reason, left a sort of heavy feeling or something. VO5 and Giovanni do much better for me and leave my hair much lighter. Do you CWC? That has helped me a lot too and also rinsing very well. Have you tried plopping? All of these things you may already have tried but are just some suggestions. CO is definitely not for me and really weighs my hair down as it gets longer. Shampoo strips my length too much but CWC is just right. I use a lot of conditioner on my length and let it sit for a few minutes before I shampoo with just a little shampoo. Every once in a while I add a little shampoo to my length to get rid of any buildup there might be. I never use cones anymore and that REALLY helps.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Hello everyone, 3a/F/ii checking in! I agree with Curlsgirls about the warm weather. Mostly because I cannot get my ration of outdoor exercise with about 30 cm snow covering the sidewalks, and my hair suffers from indoor air and inactivity.
    Apart from that, my hair is more or less okay - I use very little shampoo nowadays and it seems to help my dry ends to only use a bit of diluted shampoo on my scalp, mostly along the hairlines, but that every day.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Lamb View Post
    Hello everyone, 3a/F/ii checking in! I agree with Curlsgirls about the warm weather. Mostly because I cannot get my ration of outdoor exercise with about 30 cm snow covering the sidewalks, and my hair suffers from indoor air and inactivity.
    Apart from that, my hair is more or less okay - I use very little shampoo nowadays and it seems to help my dry ends to only use a bit of diluted shampoo on my scalp, mostly along the hairlines, but that every day.
    Hi Lamb! Good to see you check in! Did you decide to keep letting your hair grow? Am I remembering correctly that you had thought about cutting?

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/M/ii

Hi Curlsgirl! I think it's a great idea to have one big wurly curly thread.. I used to post on both the old ones, cause like you I am right in the middle. While my hair can sometimes be more wavy than curly, it's still spirals (just big loose ones) and I find that products/techniques that work for the 3b/c crowd are often the ones that work for me.

And hello to everyone else too. *waves*

Since the new board has been up I've been hearing a lot about glycerin, and I am interested in trying it. Where can you get it? Whole Foods? That's where I get my conditioners, oils and aloe gel.

My hair has been doing pretty well.. I've only been cone free since November and it's made a world of difference. I'm now protein-free too, I tried some coditioners with protein and they do NOT work for me. My hair is very damaged still and I have a lot of work and trimming to do before it is really healthy but it looks so much better (and it so much easier to manage!) than just a few months ago, I can't complain.

This year I am actually looking forward to summer. In the past, with my heavily coned hair, it was the worst time of year. My hair would expand into enormous, dry frizz-tubes at the slightest hint of humidity. However in the last couple months I've developed the opposite problem.. my hair gets greasy and weighed down very easily. Like Starr I'm finding it weird to not have 'big hair' anymore. I always hated it in the past, but now I am at a loss when it comes to creating volume since I've never had to do it before! The key for me though is just that I need less and less product as time goes on, and I've stopped using oils except for DTs.