Page 672 of 851 FirstFirst ... 172572622662670671672673674682722772 ... LastLast
Results 6,711 to 6,720 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Humidity is fun with curls. School is out so J has her hair in helmet safe braids but those are just wild still. Oh well, she's 7, it's cute.

In other news, cut 2 inches off,looks much shorter, but I think we have gotten rid of the extreme damage. She's getting more uniform curls vs the tight ringlet corkscrews going into meh maybe we'll curl maybe we won't mess. Her nape is shorter also, I'm hoping another few months and she'll have enough length to cut the section that was matted all off. J would love that now but I think she would get too much sproing under the canopy yet.

And Sarah Brightman has awesome hair. Now to pry the kid away from her pony or musical theater is equally hard.

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by BunnyWabbit View Post
    I was trying to upload a pic of the curliest my hair has ever been. It's firmly in the 3c category in this shot but for some reason I'm having trouble with the album upload. So let's see if this works...

It was a really humid Michigan summer evening, but I'd still never seen such tight corkscrew curls on my own head before. It had to be documented. haha.
    Oooh purdy!!
    Faerie knots are sooo knot my friends

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    Humidity is fun with curls. School is out so J has her hair in helmet safe braids but those are just wild still. Oh well, she's 7, it's cute.

In other news, cut 2 inches off,looks much shorter, but I think we have gotten rid of the extreme damage. She's getting more uniform curls vs the tight ringlet corkscrews going into meh maybe we'll curl maybe we won't mess. Her nape is shorter also, I'm hoping another few months and she'll have enough length to cut the section that was matted all off. J would love that now but I think she would get too much sproing under the canopy yet.

And Sarah Brightman has awesome hair. Now to pry the kid away from her pony or musical theater is equally hard.
    I never really appreciated how awesome humidity is with my hair till this summer! Being in LA the rest of the year, it just won't be the same as crazy Michigan hair. I'm a little bummed.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    Oooh purdy!!
    Thanks!

Just for kicks - here is how it looked yesterday. My normal amount of curl and you can see the thickness growing back in. What a different a year makes!

(\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I never really appreciated how awesome humidity is with my hair till this summer! Being in LA the rest of the year, it just won't be the same as crazy Michigan hair. I'm a little bummed.

Thanks!

Just for kicks - here is how it looked yesterday. My normal amount of curl and you can see the thickness growing back in. What a different a year makes!

I'll say that's quite a difference!

Type
    3b/3c/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    I'll say that's quite a difference!
    Honestly, I didn't even realize it until I saw both pictures. I was getting a little down about the lack of length, but when I realize it's doubled almost in thickness, I can't be dissapointed
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Honestly, I didn't even realize it until I saw both pictures. I was getting a little down about the lack of length, but when I realize it's doubled almost in thickness, I can't be dissapointed
    No way, don't get discouraged cuz it's doing great!!

Length
    2"/22.5"/30+
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by FoxyRoxy13 View Post
    I have long layers I'm growing out and I have an issue with that as well, my braid is nice and thick at the top but tapers a fair amount as I get to the bottom.

I do also get those bits sticking out, I'm hoping they will at least lessen as I grow out the layers.

and I'm new to LHC too
    Yay to new and growing! You are quite a bit farther along than I am, and your hair looks beautiful!

@ earthnut: More oil is definitely helping. I was a little afraid of overoiling but my hair seems to really drink it in, when I oil at night it is pretty much gone in the morning. Not sure where it is going but my hair is looking better and perhaps even a little thicker. I still have little bits sticking out but as hollyfire mentioned the layering just needs to grow out more. Re-invigorating my internal debate about whether to go for length or maintain and thicken up. Right now I am going for length but that may change if the ends get out of hand...

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

My slightly wavy, fine hair is easily overoiled. J who has fine to medium hairs that are hyper curly can get a full ounce of coconut oil and shea butter in her last 10 inches and 6 hours later, I can put more in.

While her hair is damaged, mine is easily damaged and still refuses more than a half pea sizd amount of oil.

My unofficial guess is the curly texture, either from outer surface differences or from sebum having a harder - or impossible - job of coating the hair, will take much more of the correct oils than straight texture. I figure using an oil your hair hates will still give you grief.

Length
    Pixie/BCL/?!
    Type
    3b/3c/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MandyBeth View Post
    My slightly wavy, fine hair is easily overoiled. J who has fine to medium hairs that are hyper curly can get a full ounce of coconut oil and shea butter in her last 10 inches and 6 hours later, I can put more in.

While her hair is damaged, mine is easily damaged and still refuses more than a half pea sizd amount of oil.

My unofficial guess is the curly texture, either from outer surface differences or from sebum having a harder - or impossible - job of coating the hair, will take much more of the correct oils than straight texture. I figure using an oil your hair hates will still give you grief.
    YES!

I love reading your notes as you learn about J's hair.

To this day my own mother doesn't understand why I buy my hair oils in the largest value size I can. It goes. Surprisingly quickly.

A usual oiling takes about a palmful of oil, not the few drops usually described on LHC. It takes nearly 2 cups of oil to do what most LHCers would call a heavy oiling in my hair, where it's left almost dripping. And the best (weirdest?) part is that I can repeat the whole process 3 days later because, honestly, my hair would be ready for more.

J is going to know so much about taking care of her curls. I'm so happy for her.
    Grew out the pixie.
    Acquired a mane.
    Cruising toward Classic.

**For my routine, please see my blog posts.**

Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Her hair is getting better. Or we are used to it.

Still daily washing, she's 7 and has a pony - her hair is dusty and her scalp is sweaty. Wash now at night, apply insane amounts of oil, shea butter, conditioner, etc. Let mostly dry, add more oil. Braid for sleep. Reset in am, add oil, braid for helmet. Might get the ends greasy, but it soaks in.

If we ever get past daily washing, might need less oil. Once the damage is gone, she'll need less oil. But when 12" of hair curls into 4", and she has waist length hair, we'll be at this for a good while yet.

But odd thing - as her ends get to needing to be cut, her undamaged hair seems tighter. Cut off damage, the curls relax more. I'm wondering if the section needing to be cut doesn't hold oil, so it doesn't weigh the length down which leads to tighter curls plus not holding oil plus moisture is going to make that section behave worse, thus needing the cut. Also would explain why the lone clarifying attempt did nothing. If it's so damaged it can't hold anything, can't clarify that.