Page 51 of 851 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Anne~

Quote Originally Posted by Chamomile betty View Post
    Just popping in.

It's so humid and hot here in OH.
    I hate the weather but my hair loves it
    It would have been a great down day if my hair wasn't so heavy.
    I did wear it in a low pony which showed of my nice waves/curls yet it was off my shoulders.
    I am in OH too! The humidity, Ugh, but my hair is frizzing. Got it in a bun, I found if I oil it a bit that helps.

Length
    Dunno/Clsc/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

Ahhh... OH. 'Tis true, my hair loves the humidity, but eurgh we just had a storm yesterday and it's all hot and muggy.

No day but today.

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I was thinking that too Girlcat!!! Are you doing well aside from hair also?
    Thanks Curlsgirl. I am recovering from thyroid surgery now so my new obsession is the ugly swollen scar at the base of my neck. My hair is now the least of my problems!

Quote Originally Posted by yzkaloha View Post
    Girlcat, your hair looks great! Congratulations!
    Thank you, yzkaloha!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    23.5/27/38
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by girlcat36 View Post
    Thanks Curlsgirl. I am recovering from thyroid surgery now so my new obsession is the ugly swollen scar at the base of my neck. My hair is now the least of my problems!

My sister in law had that same surgery and her scar now is a thin faintly white line. She also had 3 kids after her radiation and surgery. Hopefully you'll heal quickly.
    Stephanie
    Lady Goldylockes of the Spun Aureate Tresses
    in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Has anyone here had anyone say, "Your hair would look so awesome straight!" but then when you blew it out, they didn't have anything to say about it? That happened to me. Last year at school when I wasn't wearing my hair in an updo every day and people could see the texture, they'd be like, "Dude, straighten your hair, it would look so cute!" After months of this I actually did. One person said, "Hmm, your hair doesn't look as good straight as I thought it would," and no one else had anything to say about it. The next day I came in curly again and it was straight back to, "Straighten your hair!" Now I'm at a different school and I wear my hair up all the time, but on the two days this year that I've worn it down and curly I've gotten tons of compliments and people have said that I should wear it that way more often. ^_^
    Yeah I get way more compliments when it's down and curly. Not one person has said anything since I blew it out except how long it looks.

UGH! Poor thing! My Mom had that and she swears by vitamin E oil. You can't see her scar at all now. I am so sorry you are having to go through that and wish you a very speedy recovery!!! HUGS

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

My dad had it to girlcat36 and he didnt do anything special to his and you cant see it at all.

My hair hates humidity or is it just me that hates my hair when the humidity is so high. It has been so frizzy. I think I will have to up my conditioner and leave in amounts again to tame the frizz. I had dropped back alot on the amount of conditioner I was using because of build up dirty looking hair. I just cant get a routine going at all because my hair changes so much.

My routine had been diluted wash and conditioner a little gel and it was all good. Now it is dry and I have upped the gel to tame some of the frizz. Im going th have to increase the conditioner and lay off the shampoo on the length. Im thinking its the weather but I would think the warm weather would mean less conditioner instead of more.

Length
    25/35/41

Thank you, yzkaloha!
    Hope you get better soon Girlcat

Length
    pixie/27/40
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    Has anyone here had anyone say, "Your hair would look so awesome straight!" but then when you blew it out, they didn't have anything to say about it? That happened to me. Last year at school when I wasn't wearing my hair in an updo every day and people could see the texture, they'd be like, "Dude, straighten your hair, it would look so cute!" After months of this I actually did. One person said, "Hmm, your hair doesn't look as good straight as I thought it would," and no one else had anything to say about it. The next day I came in curly again and it was straight back to, "Straighten your hair!" Now I'm at a different school and I wear my hair up all the time, but on the two days this year that I've worn it down and curly I've gotten tons of compliments and people have said that I should wear it that way more often. ^_^
    I used to always wear my hair up from about ages 9 on until 15 because I was told around age 8 that I would look better with my hair up. At that time, I had huge curls and looked like I was 5. But when I got a bit older I started wearing my hair down more often and then got tired of it and so cut it to shoulder length. Now I'd never dream of that but back then I kept finding that everyone wanted it different than I was. So now I realise it's just that it's best to wear my hair whatever way I want to, regardless of what anyone else says. I'm glad that you're getting compliments this year on the curls, your hair's natural form.

I am recovering from thyroid surgery now so my new obsession is the ugly swollen scar at the base of my neck. My hair is now the least of my problems!
    I can second what others have said: scars can heal more quickly than most of think. The vitamin E rubbed onto the scar really will help it heal more quickly (as I can attest from experience) and if you're wanting something trendy to wear while it's healing, I have a friend who wore a silken scarf/kerchief tied at the base of her neck and it looked SO cute. I hope that you do heal soon and feel all better.
    First Goal: BSL
    Second Goal: Waist Length
    Third Goal: Classic Length

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

After I said that last night about no one commenting on my hair blown straight wouldn't you know someone did this morning. She said she really liked my hair down either like this or especially curly. She said it looks better down than up. Like okay I will wear it down all summer and let sweat drip off of me like rain I guess it's nice but well LOL
    Last edited by Curlsgirl; June 6th, 2008 at 06:12 AM.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Loves coffee & updos Chamomile betty's Avatar
    Length
    20.5/BS/30
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Anne~ View Post
    I am in OH too! The humidity, Ugh, but my hair is frizzing. Got it in a bun, I found if I oil it a bit that helps.
    Today my hair is up in a wet bun with some coconut oil on it.
    It's a good day for a deep treatment
    20.5 ~ BS ~ 30 *Natural Blond w/ High & Lowlights* Bangs/Long Layers* Cone and Non Cone Products
    Always trying new products & styles.