Page 93 of 851 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103143193593 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

I'm embracing my wurliness at the moment. I've tweaked my routine, and after CO-ing, I have found that my hair ADORES jojoba oil. I put a couple of drops on each half of my head - massage it into my hands, and then smooth thoroughly through the ends of my wet/damp hair. Then I add some Boots curl creme. I scrunch upside down; I read on CurlyGirl or somewhere that EIGHT is the magic number of scrunches, lol. Then gently put my hair in place, and let it air dry for an hour before I leave for work.

I'm getting consistenty great hair days at the moment - feels kinda weird! Because it's getting colder, I've been CO-ing alternative days. The days that I don't get my hair wet, I'm using a mister with jojoba oil, aloe vera gel and water - I keep that in the fridge. I put a lot on, then scrunch, and I get fantastic curls - better than the first day! But the ends don't feel as soft when I do that.

I've also been doing a SMT once a week - I had miracle results the first time I did that, but now, not so much. Maybe I'm using a cheaper honey? The first time, I used the organic posh stuff that was in the house. Hmmmm.

That's about it - I don't brush, I don't shampoo more than once a fortnight, I've stopped blow drying. My hair seems to have a real gleam about it.

However, having said all that, I'm going out tomorrow night to a posh do, and I AM going to straighten it - yikes! I know, it's not good etc, but I really want my hair swishy straight for once. So I'm also looking forward to seeing how long it *really* is, lol

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Honey39 I do that once in a while too, straighten it that is. I always miss my curls though and love having them back! Glad you found a consistent routine. The reason for the SMT working so well the first time and not after may be that your hair needed it so much the first time and not so much after that. I have heard a lot of people say that. Maybe honey had nothing to do with it. Just a thought.

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Type
    3a/M/C/iii

Hi to you all! Itīs the first time I enter this kind of forum and it looks interesting. By now the end of my hair is getting thin and I donīt know if itīs a reason to be worried about since itīs the old piece and it made part of all the hair Iīve lost after my daughterīs birth. Anyway I donīt think of cutting it because Itīs still not too ugly as you can see and my dream is to see how much my hair can grow, unlimited. But once I have also read that when hair getīs thinner at the end it may mean it wonīt grow much longer. Is that true?? For someone who has some good amount of wavy/curly hair?

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Honigwein View Post
    Hi to you all! Itīs the first time I enter this kind of forum and it looks interesting. By now the end of my hair is getting thin and I donīt know if itīs a reason to be worried about since itīs the old piece and it made part of all the hair Iīve lost after my daughterīs birth. Anyway I donīt think of cutting it because Itīs still not too ugly as you can see and my dream is to see how much my hair can grow, unlimited. But once I have also read that when hair getīs thinner at the end it may mean it wonīt grow much longer. Is that true?? For someone who has some good amount of wavy/curly hair?
    Just wanted to welcome you!!! I have a good bit of wavy/curly hair but it's not nearly as long as yours. If you lost some due to your baby's birth it would make sense that it is that instead of that you reached terminal. The only way to know is to let it grow and see as everyone's terminal length is different!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

I used my Jessicurl last night and wow are my curls great today!!!

Length
    APL/42/here!
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Hi all, new poster here. How do you deal with "flat" hair on top? I have a ton of volume, and usually I just flip some hair over to make a side part...but even this is flattening out now that my hair is growing longer. My hair is less 'curly' (less defined curls, but still the same amount of volume, if that makes sense).

Is there any way of changing this? Some sort of layering that will make the curls more defined/less flat on top?

Length
    12/24/Termi
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Meileah View Post
    Sometimes I think I have the curls of a mad woman.
    Sometimes they obey me and do as I command,
    Other times they simply tell me, "Bugger off you!"
    I need to find a way to just get them... to listen to me all the time lol.
    ROFLOL!!!!! Ain't gonna happen, hair sister. The curls got all the Power in the relationship.

Every day is a "new day" to curly-wurly hair.
    Lady Boudicca of the Flaming Tartan
    in the Order of
    The Long-Haired Knights

Length
    12/24/Termi
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I used my Jessicurl last night and wow are my curls great today!!!
    Ooooooh! I love Jessicurl! Which products did you use?
    Lady Boudicca of the Flaming Tartan
    in the Order of
    The Long-Haired Knights

Length
    16"/23"/30"
    Type
    3b/M/iii

Alow! Im a wavy, curly, frizzy concoction hair type! Its really funny.......And Fustrating! But the long it gets, the better it look on me!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

So, today is the absolute first day that we have low humidity down here...I've been dreaming of this day through this long, horrid, HUMID summer....and now, I can't for the life of me think of what products to use/will work for my frizzy mop .... it's supposed to last through the weekend, so I have a few days to establish a winter protocol ...