Quote Originally Posted by ETJ CURLS View Post
Is it breakage or just long baby hairs? I know a few people with at least TBL hair, and they still have the short layers reaching to chin right in the front. I used to get very frustrated by mine until I realised what was happening (since, being very curly, they can stick straight out like I've been shocked a good 4-5 inches), so now, if they won't cooperate to go back in a bun or a braid, I either pin them down, or play them up in my styling by finger coiling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SandyBottom View Post
ETJ's first question was what I was going to ask also. Before I started taking care of my hair, this was definitely breakage! I have it now too but it's new hairs around my front hairline. See if you can tell if the ends of them are blunt (probably broken) or tapered (baby hairs).
Quote Originally Posted by shelomit View Post
Perhaps there are "baby hairs" and then "toddler hairs"!

That's a great question. I've taken another look and a lot of it is definitely baby hairs/new hair coming in, which makes sense since I'm recovering from hair loss. It is the longer strands that are breaking off, maybe because old dye and bleach have weakened them. I guess I'll just have to see whether the baby/toddler hairs keep growing longer. Fingers crossed!