Page 82 of 851 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492132182582 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    12/16/24
    Type
    3c/4a/M/ii/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Another wurly curly girl coming through! I'm glad this thread was created for my 3c/4a frizzy type hair. I look forward to learning from all of you!

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Curlsgirl View Post
    I haven't tried it. I have so many products now sitting around that I am not not not going to
    I haven't but a new product in a month !
    Simply Organics I plan as a treat for myself when I have achieved some personal goals and used up some more of what I already have at home.

Length
    SL/BSL/Waist
    Type
    3a/M/ii

Not "but" - should be "bought".

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by salamander View Post
    I just switched from CO to shampoo bars, on the grounds that plastic bottles are horrible for the environment. I'm feeling very smug, environmentally, but my curls are falling apart! They're all puffy, you know, without as much internal curl integrity, kind of. Like before I started moisturizing my hair properly. I'm so sad. I love my CO curls! But...but...the planet! How do I choose?!

Sigh. I wonder if I can get them back with heavy pre-oilings. I'd really like to make my own conditioner, but the ingredient lists on the bottles are a mile long and full of things that aren't in the store, even with natural-type conditioners. How did they ever invent something so complicated?
    Shampoo bars killed my curls, too. They are supposed to be moisturizing, but for my hair, they were actually more drying than shampoo.
    I agree with Curlsgirl, recycle your plastic bottles. And remember, with CO and no heat styling (and, I assume, no new color every month or a plethora of styling products) you are still kinder to the planet than some people.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Default Knots...

Can someone tell me why I am getting so many knots nowadays? My hair is well-conditioned and in pretty good shape, but I cannot get a comb through it when it is dry. (If I try, the result is catastrophic! ) And when I fingercomb (or attempt to), I usually find some curls which are VERY tangly.
    Is this normal with curly hair? Or am I doing something wrong? I am mostly CO or WO with about two S&Cs a week. Very few splits, though, with all that knotting!

Length
    Dunno/Clsc/Term.
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii/iii

I dunno, Lamb, but all I can say is that WO absolutely killed my hair. It was a dry, knotted, ratty, matted, wavy, poofy, frizzy MESS! It also gets pretty bad when I don't heavy coconut oil it once a week.

I have a question for all you COers: Do/have you used cones? If so, what was the effect of COing with cones? If not, what is your favorite cone-free conditioner?

No day but today.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Lamb I cant get a comb thru my hair either thats why I basically comb it loaded with conditioner. I do sort of finger comb, but my finger do not glide thru it easily. I do dry my hair straight sometimes and it is basically tangle free at those times only.

Its so nice to see you posting again. How have you been doing? I have to say I just loved you cat babysitting thread I really got a good laugh out of it. I think I could of wrote it myself.
    Last edited by missy60; August 7th, 2008 at 10:05 AM.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DotDotDot View Post
    I dunno, Lamb, but all I can say is that WO absolutely killed my hair. It was a dry, knotted, ratty, matted, wavy, poofy, frizzy MESS! It also gets pretty bad when I don't heavy coconut oil it once a week.

I have a question for all you COers: Do/have you used cones? If so, what was the effect of COing with cones? If not, what is your favorite cone-free conditioner?
    Yes, I don't like WO for more than a day or two, either. My hair is buildup-prone, and porous, so I need my detergents. Oils don't work well for me, a heavy oiling now and then with EEVO, but only when absolutely necessary.

CO - yes, I have had good results with cones and CO, but only in moderation. Right now I like the Schauma condish for greasy/normal hair (a German brand, Europe only). But the Dove volumizing condish is great, too, it cleans well and it is very light. I think it contains dimethicone.

ETA: make sure you shampoo once a week when using cones for CO, they can build up pretty fast.
    Last edited by Lamb; August 7th, 2008 at 11:25 AM.

Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by missy60 View Post
    Lamb I cant get a comb thru my hair either thats why I basically comb it loaded with conditioner. I do sort of finger comb, but my finger do not glide thru it easily. I do dry my hair straight sometimes and it is basically tangle free at those times only.
    That's reassuring, so it is not a sign of damage, just a curly thing. My hair was much more cooperative iwhen I would comb/brush it several times a day, but I'm not going back there.

Its so nice to see you posting again. How have you been doing? I have to say I just loved you cat babysitting thread I really got a good laugh out of it. I think I could of wrote it myself.
    Aww, thank you! I am on holiday in Hungary, and I don't have super-easy internet access, but I try to get here on a regular basis. I think I will post some pics of La Chatte on my blog, she is a cute little thing but she is a textbook example of manipulative personality!!

Anne~

Lamb, I gave up combing or brushing my hair when is is dry years ago. I found I have much, much less knots and no splits. I only comb after washing before I braid.